- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
UNITED STATES ( REMOTE )
Morning Brew is a media company that covers the business news and narratives shaping our world. The companies, the people, the workplace, the economy — we nerd out on this stuff, and we’re dedicated to helping our audience navigate it all in a way that informs and entertains.
The Morning Brew team is clever, creative, and growing fast. Want in? Read on.
We’re looking for the next great editor to lead and shape coverage for CFO Brew, a Morning Brew vertical that’s all about corporate finance. This is both a strategic and hands-on role that will allow you to shape the present and future of this successful publication. If you like setting editorial strategy and helping reporters execute on stories, well, we’ve got the gig for you.
As part of Morning Brew’s business-to-business (B2B) editorial strategy, CFO Brew operates alongside six other B2B publications: Marketing Brew, Retail Brew, HR Brew, IT Brew, Healthcare Brew and Tech Brew.
Like many other professions, CFOs and their teams face considerable headwinds. From trying to combat fraud to working to hire, retain, and promote staff in the midst of enormous economic uncertainty, corporate finance teams must have their ears to the ground on what’s coming next. The issues are myriad, and not just financially related: ESG, cybersecurity, and advancements in technology are all shifting the way financial teams operate.
Beyond helping the CFO and their org chart navigate the seemingly byzantine structures of today’s corporate America, there’s also an opportunity to help financial professionals translate what they do and how they do it for C-level executives, board members, and shareholders.
Through a mix of humor and empathy, wehelp more than 80,000 corporate financial executives understand their role in the workforce by reporting on both the strategic and tactical levels.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL BE WORKING ON
- Manage day-to-day operations of the CFO Brew newsletter production process, including assigning/approving stories, editing pieces, and writing headlines.
- Manage, coach, and develop a team of three reporters.
- Generate, develop, and execute ideas for non-newsletter products and other special editorial projects.
- Write stories as needed.
- Enforce Morning Brew editorial guidelines, editing content for high-level substance, Brew tone and voice, and standard copy.
- Support optimization of existing content processes and establish new ones where needed.
- Support analysis of audience trends.
- At least 8 years of professional editorial experience
- At least 5 years experience managing a team of writers
- Ability to write in the Morning Brew style (engaging, informative, clever)
- Flexible worker who is equally motivated by strategic, long-term thinking and hands-on execution.
- Ability to intentionally experiment with, iterate on, and make hard decisions about new product offerings.
- Excellent communication skills with a mindset for collaboration.
- Ability to operate in a high-pressure environment with tight deadlines.
- Understanding of how to leverage multiple platforms (email, social media, etc.) to engage with the target audience.
$100 – $110k. Final offers for this job will be made within the parameters of the salary range provided, commensurate with experience. Total offer package to include benefits highlighted under our perks section below.
WHAT ELSE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Character and integrity rank pretty high on the list. Our team is guided by our core values:
HOW WE TREAT EACH OTHER
• Respectful Candor: We believe that engaging in timely, constructive, and open discourse is an act of respect that makes for a more transparent and productive work environment.
• Empathy: We establish a strong partnership of trust with our co-workers and partners. We build human connections in order to understand each other.
• Inclusivity: We strive to celebrate and welcome people of diverse backgrounds and cultures. Differing perspectives help us make better decisions and have more fulfilling experiences.
HOW WE TREAT OUR WORK
• Curiosity: We learn every day through deliberate inquiry and exploration. We re-examine assumptions to be a better company, offer better products, and become better colleagues.
• Accountability: We celebrate our successes and own our failures. Taking responsibility for our actions allows us to learn from our experiences.
• Bias Toward Action: We know speed matters in business so we embrace quick and calculated risk-taking. We understand that many actions are reversible and therefore we are solutions-oriented, even when facing obstacles and challenges.
• Challenger Mentality: We don’t allow ourselves to be comfortable with our success. We are hungry to become the best and create more value for our audience.
• Clarity of Purpose: We understand the “why” in our work, which helps us to operate at our highest level of performance and efficiency.
- While being surrounded by a bunch of cool people who look great in crewnecks is its own reward, we have plenty more to offer:
- Unlimited PTO: And by “unlimited,” we mean absolutely unlimited.
- U.S Remote-work friendly: Work from home, work from a coffee shop, work from your friend’s sofa, or work from…
- Brew’s Brand-New HQ: Pick an adjustable standing desk or cozy corner and load up on free coffee (duh) and snacks at our new two-story office space in NYC’s Flatiron District.
- 401(k) employer match: We want to help you prepare for the future, now.
- Premium health, vision, and dental plans: Your health matters!
- Mental health benefits: Personalized plans and programs to promote your mental well-being.
- Extra help when you need it: Including a care concierge, plus free access to One Medical and the Calm app.
- Family planning: Want to join #brewparents? Generous paid parental leave and fertility coverage for eligible employees.
- Employee Resource Groups: Black Coffee, LGBTQ Brew, AAPI Brew, Cafe Con Leche, and Grounded
- WFH stipend: Customize your home office, on us!
- Gym and workout class reimbursements: It pays to be healthy.
- Annual learning credit: Want to learn something new? We’ll reimburse you.
Morning Brew is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment, and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQIA+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences, and so, we are committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.