Director of Product Design - Remote
Welcome to Bushel’s corner of the internet.
Why does Bushel exist? To ensure humanity and our planet have a secure future, Bushel believes agriculture is the most important industry on earth. For our food supply chain to become sustainable, efficient, and transparent, we need digital infrastructure to transmit information across the whole supply chain.
Every hope and dream of sustainable food at the scale of 10B+ people rests on the ag supply chain’s ability to transform digitally. Digital infrastructure for the supply chain will ensure humanity's secure and healthy future.
Bushel builds software for the grain industry. Our mission is to connect the Grain Industry through digital infrastructure.
Today, we have the largest network of elevators and growers, connecting the most extensive data set in the industry. How have we done that? By offering real value to growers and grain companies through a digital set of tools, including:
- Software integrations that show near real-time business information between growers and grain companies
- One of the industry’s most beloved farm management software - FarmLogs
- A commodity trading platform
- Custom solutions work for the industry’s most prominent players
- More exciting projects to come.
How You'll Make An Impact:
Bushel cares deeply about the user experience and its impact on our products' success. You will play a central role in ensuring Bushel builds seamless, elegant, and polished software.
The Director of Product Design represents Design and Research within Bushel’s organization! Their responsibility is to strategize, position and communicate both Design and Research as critical resources for Bushel’s success. Their primary function is to drive user-focused business goals and represent the value of Design and Research processes at a leadership level within Bushel. Their second primary function is to add the creative and fun cultural glue that holds the Product Design team together.
The role of the Director of Product Design is a collaborative one. The Director of Product Design fosters cross-team collaboration with all Bushel product departments to increase team IQ and ensure an excellent user experience. Close communication and collaboration with Product Design Team Leads are essential to monitor and measure growth, consistency, efficiency, and culture and accurately reflect team priorities. This individual is no stranger to product design or research. They have a proven track record of successfully designing products and leading high-performing product design teams through various business challenges.
In This Role, You'll Get To:
- Coach and lead our fantastic team of Product Designer and UX Researchers
- Ensure your team has the right people and skills. You will do so through hiring, coaching, and supporting the team in evolving as individuals and as a group.
- Drive, support, and further develop empowered Product Teams, partnering with Engineering and Product
- Empower the team to deliver simple solutions to complex problems
- Own (act as a visionary) for the cross-product user experience and advocate for the voice of the users
- Motivate your team, set goals, and hold them accountable for delivering those goals
- Understand the industry and Bushel’s strategy and creatively solve problems.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing to create marketing and positioning strategies based on consolidated research findings
What Bushel Is Looking For:
- 7+ years of professional experience designing tech products
- Successfully managed a Product Design team; people you have worked with see you as a great coach
- Expert understanding of powerful software, Figma, Adobe Suite, Miro, Maze, and Optimal Workshop
- Designed and shipped capabilities that users love and can share why they were great and what you learned to do differently next time
- Knowledge of different tools and techniques of product design and the ability to choose the right approach within the constraints of the business
- Thrive within the challenges of building a business in the growth stage of a startup
- Ability to motivate and inspire, give critique candidly, and receive critique with grace
- People you have worked with see you as a leader
- Ability to attract great people to work with you
What Would Thrill Bushel Even More:
- Experience in agriculture and ag-adjacent industries
- Experience in SaaS businesses
What Bushel Offers to You:
- Competitive Health Insurance with contributions to premium from Bushel
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with assistance from Bushel
- Flexible Spending Account options; Health FSA, Limited FSA, Child Daycare FSA
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Hybrid Work Environment | Flexible working hours | Work-Life Balance
- Basic Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability paid by Bushel
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance options and Long-Term Disability
- Voluntary Accident Insurance and Critical Illness Insurance
- Flexible (Unlimited) Paid Time Off, 9 Paid Holidays, and 1 Volunteer Day
- Up to 12 weeks of Paid Parental Leave, including foster care and adoption
- 401(k) Retirement with 4% Company Match starting on Benefits Day 1
- Employee Assistance Program and BetterHelp counseling services
- Learning and Development funds and internal Mentorship Program
- Incredible team members, workplace culture, and opportunities for everyone
Why you won’t want to leave
- Isn’t it always the people? You’ve never met more cleverly quirky, hilarious, hardworking folk. Our people are bar none.
- We have startup growth energy and the wild west of opportunity paired with stability in leadership, increased operational strength, stability in financial planning, and bold business strategy.
- Our leadership team is authentic and transparent and just good people.
- We’re changing an industry, and you’ll want to see how it plays out.
We believe diversity, inclusion, and belonging are essential for our team.
At Bushel, we ensure humanity and our planet have a secure future. We are proud to have fostered a one-of-a-kind workplace. We are committed to providing our employees comfort and bringing their authentic selves to work daily.
- If preferred, prolonged sitting or standing at a desk and working on a computer.
Limitations and Disclaimer:
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed; it is not an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, and required skills. Employees will be required to follow instructions and complete tasks requested by their supervisor. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
This position is remote eligible in the following states/districts: AZ, CO, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, NE, NV, NM, NC, ND, OK, OR, SD, TX, UT, WI