Director of Product Design
- 7 applicants
Founded by a team of industry veterans, Underdog was born with the idea that bringing strategic innovation to sports gaming and entertainment is the key to success in an exceptionally competitive market. Underdog has quickly established itself as a leader in the space, and is committed to building the best sports gaming platform in the industry -- andsupporting the most passionate community of sports fans while doing it!
At Underdog, we’re not only about creating these awesome products, but also about growing our culture of passion, ownership, and fun! We believe that great companies are made out of great people. Our continual aim is to create an inclusive environment for everyone, at all levels, to achieve their highest potential at work.
As the Director of Product Design, you will engage directly with Underdog’s Fantasy and Sportsbook products, push design projects forward, and improve processes to help build out a team of product designers. This is a growth opportunity for the right person to help lead how product design is defined at our company, reporting to the Creative Director.
What you’ll do:
- Bring a new level of thoughtful leadership to the team while upholding our high design standards for both our Fantasy and Sportsbook products
Manage and grow a healthy team of product designers to design our suite of apps and create the best user experience possible
Define processes and features through close collaboration with product managers and engineers
Push projects forward and ensure total alignment between groups by communicating thoroughly with stakeholders about specifications
Set goals, roadmaps, and deadlines for the team to ensure we’re delivering timely and innovative features
Who you are:
- Experienced with scaling teams and organizational growth
- An eye for design and a solid foundation of good UI/UX principles, especially on mobile
- Problem solver and strategic thinker with a proven ability to be action-oriented and drive projects to execution
- Clear, concise, and strong communicator in every way
- Gives opinions for improvements on product processes
- Experienced in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Experience with Figma and project management tools
Even better if you have…
- Good design aesthetic and creative thinking
- Experience building out a design system
- Experience in high growth companies
- Gaming/sports experience
Underdog Sports is firmly committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Our unique culture was built on the foundation of a safe and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We highly value the mental, physical, and emotional health of our employees, and are continuously asking ourselves: what can we do better? Underdog is an equal opportunity employer and doesn't discriminate on the basis of creed, race, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability status or any other defining characteristic. Our targeted compensation rate for this position is between $150,000 - 250,000, depending on experience, plus equity. Below you’ll find a few of our perks:
- Unlimited PTO (we're extremely flexible with the exception of the first few weeks before & into the NFL season)
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Company paid Health, Dental, Vision plan option for employees and dependents
- 401k Match & FSA
- Remote, In-Person, or Hybrid Scheduling – we are 100% VIRTUAL FIRST!
- A $500 home office allowance
- $100 in UD cash
- Support for learning and development
- Book club – expense your books!
- Lastly, an extremely transparent, fun, and engaging culture where you will grow both personally and professionally!