Digital Strategist for Social Impact Design Agency
- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
Time zones: EST (UTC -5) CST (UTC -6) MST (UTC -7) PST (UTC -8) AKST (UTC -9) HST (UTC -10)
Constructive is a leading social impact strategy and design firm that helps advance social, environmental, and economic justice. We’re a close-knit, committed, and values-driven team of experts and advocates who partner with ambitious organizations to make the world a more fair, equitable, and sustainable place.
We are looking to add an experienced Digital Strategist to join our team who will lead our discovery, research, and digital engagement strategy work. Your research, insights, and strategy will be the foundation on which our UX, content, design, and engineering teams create sitemaps, wireframes, content, and digital experiences that emphasize brand building, content design, digital storytelling, and audience engagement. This role is a great fit for a seasoned strategist with great research skills and a strong understanding of UX design who is passionate about helping brands actively make a positive impact for people and the planet.
About the Role
The Digital Strategist we’re looking for will drive audience and brand engagement for social impact brands. They will be great at understanding client and audience needs, the impact they’re trying to create, and always have an eye on the brand at all times. They will develop strategies that make those impacts possible through content, navigation, features and functionality, and engagement models. They will be a collaborative partner who works closely with our UX designers, brand strategists, visual designers, and engineers. They will be able to gather research insights and conduct discovery work, and then ensure they’re translated into great digital experiences.
Your Core Responsibilities
- Conduct interviews, surveys, asset reviews, analytics reviews, UX assessments, desk research, and other research.
- Design and lead remote UX workshops focused around a range of engagement strategies that help teams uncover, understand, and execute effective digital strategies to achieve goals.
- Translate data from discovery, research, goals, and insights into strategy.
- Create strategy briefs and other deliverables that will engage, educate, and inspire audiences to act on important social impact issues.
Skills & Experience You’ll Need
- A collaborative mindset
- A deep desire to work in the social impact space while contributing to solving complex societal issues
- A passion for storytelling, communicating brand narratives, and organizing information
- Great writing and presentation skills
- A work style that is organized, methodical, and strategic
- You arrive quickly with insights, and are able to see underlying core themes and trends
- You’re a great interviewer and can discover problems—not just solve them
- You’ll have a toolbox filled with frameworks and methodologies
- You’re flexible and treat every problem as a unique challenge
- Comfortable reading qualitative and quantitative data and making decisions using data
- A portfolio that showcases your research, strategy, insights, and the results
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a strategist, UX designer, or researcher with deep experience in digital engagement strategy
- Experience developing people-centered engagement strategies for large, content-rich websites
Nice-to-Haves That Will Make a Big Difference
- A love of branding
- Proficiency with InDesign
- Experience with A/B testing
- Experience with Conversion Rate Optimization
- Experience with UX analytics (Example: CrazyEgg or Hotjar)
- Experience working with Google Analytics and/or other digital analytics platforms
- Experience with SEO
- Experience with Content Strategy and Content Design
- Experience with digital marketing and martech platforms
- Experience with CRM strategy and platforms
- Ability to conduct usability studies and UX research
- Knowledge of WordPress and web development processes
What We Offer
We do our best to make sure everyone at Constructive is taken care of with a great mix of salary, benefits and perks, opportunities for professional growth, and a healthy dose of time off. We expect this position to have a base salary between $80,000-$95,000 based on experience and value-added skills. In addition, we offer the following robust benefits and perks.
- Health Insurance, Dental & Vision
- Defined Annual Profit Sharing Plan
- 401K With Up to 4% Company Match
- Discretionary Performance-based Bonuses
- 3 Weeks Paid Vacation
- Paid Vacation From Christmas Eve through New Year's
- Paid 1/2-day Summer Fridays (Approx 16/year)
- Paid Unlimited Wellness Days
- Flexible Work Schedules
- $2K Annual Professional Development Stipend
- New Client Bonuses (3% of First 12 Months of New Work You Proactively Bring In)
- Monthly Virtual Happy Hours & Games
- A Super-Aligned Team That Loves Showing Up for Each Other
- Feeling Great About Your Work Making the World a Better Place
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
We believe strongly that diversity is one of our greatest strengths—that the more perspectives we bring to the mix, the better we are as people and the better partner we are for our clients. So, in considering if Constructive is a good fit for you, know that all we care about is that you’re qualified to do the job, share most or all of our values, and want to be here. These are the things we’ll be evaluating for every applicant—and if you meet those and add to our diversity, all the better.
Submit your application HERE! Please send a sample strategy brief along with your resume and cover letter.
What happens next?
If we feel like there’s a good fit, we’ll reach out to you to start the interview process. Here’s what it will look like:
- Initial interview (30-45 minutes)
- Second interview and case study review (1 hour)
- Final conversation and questions (30-45 minutes)