Digital Instructional Designer for Entrepreneurs
- USA Only
Digital Instructional Designer for Entrepreneurs
About The Role
You’ll use your instructional design and project management abilities to create dynamic digital learning experiences for thousands of entrepreneurs around the world – aspiring, early-stage and those in high growth mode. You thrive in a fast-paced, early-stage startup environment where priorities and deadlines only inspire you to find creative, informed, and innovative learning solutions that drive deeper value to entrepreneurs. Your curiosity and learning mind means you’re always seeking feedback, using agile / human- centered design strategies, and consider experimentation a norm to create progressive learning products.
Skill requirements include writing, human-centered design research, performance measuring, multimedia, curriculum and course development, ability to work independently or on a team.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You have hands-on experience creating engaging and compelling digital learning content
- You have excellent writing skills
- You have excellent research skills and the ability to work with subject matter experts to extract high value learning for entrepreneurs
- You understand asynchronous learning in digital environments
- You’re able to run an agile/design thinking process in a continuous build-test-learn cycle
- You know Learning & Development in the digital sphere inside and out
- You have strong communication and leadership skills
- You are focused on measurement to improve learning and drive impact (impact = creating value for entrepreneur beneficiaries)
- You’re organized, a self-starter, and can manage multiple projects simultaneously
- You’re a master at making complex subjects and general information memorable through visuals and storytelling
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- You have basic HTML and Flash programming knowledge
- You have visual design skills such as Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator
What You’ll Do
- Designing and developing digital learning experiences for entrepreneurs (toolkits, tip sheets, learning materials, visual storytelling) by addressing entrepreneurs’ needs with high quality information sourced from the Center’s vast network of subject matter experts, original research and partner organizations. Manage curriculum design process from beginning to end including project management, sourcing and managing editorial cycle oversee graphic design and testing/piloting/refining materials for continuous improvement.
- Digital learning audits and recommendations for improvement by reviewing and evaluating learning engagement; communicating feedback gathered to the broader team; establishing required actions based on feedback; overseeing the development of improvement plans, timelines and new toolkits/digital assets.
- Developing and designing new and innovative training methodologies and digital asset/engagement tools by researching effective learning modalities for entrepreneurs, benchmarking with internal and external training organizations; and implementing new training programs.
- Enhancing the digital learner experience by ensuring the learning materials facilitate highest calibre of interactive learning; engaging subject matter experts to develop highly relevant/actionable application scenarios; gathering feedback and reviewing results; researching, compiling, and analyzing data to recommend learning program and operational process enhancements; remaining up to date on course materials and facilitation best practices.
- Managing program effectiveness by measuring and analyzing digital engagement for learning tools; identifying learning inconsistencies and deficiencies; reporting inconsistencies and deficiencies to senior leadership; providing performance feedback to facilitators and partners; working with facilitators to and subject matter experts to resolve inconsistencies and deficiencies in learning
- Operating with excellence. Set an example in managing learning impact and measurement for entrepreneurs, delivering excellence, presenting at all levels, and developing yourself and others.
Who We Are
About The Center: The Nasdaq Entrepreneurial Center is a nonprofit organization founded in 2014 with support from the Nasdaq Education Foundation to connect and educate current and aspiring entrepreneurs. As an employer, the Nasdaq Entrepreneurial Center has offered 100% remote jobs to U.S. applicants nationwide with professional experience in career areas like project management and nonprofit & philanthropy work. Skills and qualifications sought after in prospective hires vary by role and have previously included proven leadership, communication, problem-solving, and organizational skills, as well as dedication to continuous process improvement and the ability to make sound decisions under tight deadlines.
The Nasdaq Entrepreneurial Center is committed to empowering entrepreneurship among company founders and C-level leadership from every industry and background at every stage of company growth. Part of this commitment entails “dreaming up a better tomorrow,” as the organization strives to “groom future industry innovators” with the thought leadership to change the world. Through events, education, mentorship, and “world-class” resources, the Nasdaq Entrepreneurial Center supports individual entrepreneurs, fosters connections between entrepreneurs across disciplines, trains entrepreneurs through high- quality programs led by innovators, conducts actionable research on entrepreneurship, and redefines perceptions of entrepreneurship.
Annual salary $80-90k plus benefits