Digital Graphic Designer
- USA Only
The Graphic Designer is responsible for helping the Digital Design Group with creating images and templates to support the league's digital content group (news desk, social desk, digital shows, video features, email, etc.), and provide a special emphasis on matchday content and content promotions.
Candidate should have demonstrated understanding of digital design best practices, layout, and typography. The position requires a person to be highly attentive to details, organized, and comfortable working under a deadline. In addition to making and designing creative solutions, the position requires gathering design requirements, helping coordinate design projects by contributing to project planning, and supporting alignment of promotional assets across League owned platforms.
- Designer that coordinates with the Director, Content and User Experience on three core areas in the Digital Content Group:
- Primary designer for news and matchday content
- Primary designer for content promotions on league site and app
- Primary designer for content distributed to league partners
- Assisting with image project management tasks such as managing status in project plans and creating task lists for image projects
- Assisting with programming images in our CMS but managing schedules for when to publish key content promotion.
- Assisting with creating images for social media and e-mail platforms
- Assisting with graphics and designs for MLS studio shows
- Helping run design meetings when assigned by the Director
- Additional design responsibilities as assigned and based on new league initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience managing digital platforms
- 5+ years of experience in digital graphic design
- Ability to work under short, news cycle, driven timelines
- Knowledge and understanding of design concepts and techniques, as well as working within a brand system and style guides
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator) any other design programs?
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, team environment
- Superior organization and attention to detail, with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills: effective communicator, both written and verbal with other departments and stakeholders
- Ability to travel and to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Knowledge of the sport of soccer
- Bilingual preferred (English, Spanish and/or French)