Job Location: This is a global, remote position
If you’re interested in making a positive difference in the world, working on projects that seek to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all, this job is for you.
Devex, the media platform for the global development professional community, is looking for a skilled, creative and organized designer with a passion for mission-driven work to join our audience development team. As a valuable member of this growing team at the heart of our news division, you’ll be responsible for addressing the needs and goals of the business and users through good design, exercising effective visual communication, creative thinking, and the application of solid design principles.
You will establish and lead the visual design and identity of Devex’ audience development efforts across news, events, memberships, jobs and sponsored content. Working at the intersection of these business units as well as with freelancers, you are responsible for both the design process and outcome, ensuring on-time, on-budget and on-brand delivery. Your collaborative spirit, outstanding organizational skills, and keen attention to detail will help you succeed in this role. As you keep up with new trends, techniques and tools, and never stop learning, you are pushing yourself and design at Devex to new heights.
Your responsibilities include:
- Own, oversee and manage the visual identity and design for Devex news, events, memberships, jobs and sponsored content
- Create re-usable design components with a strong focus on consistency and maintainability, with the objective of following a design pattern
- Produce or commission designs across a variety of formats, platforms and environments including logos, newsletters, marketing emails, website modules, infographics, social media, motion graphics, interactive visual stories, and more
- Ensure their delivery on time and on budget (often to tight deadlines demanded by the nature of the news business)
- Establish and manage a network of design freelancers
- Develop replicable tools and systems to scale design efforts across the organization
- Test and QA promotional assets and user flows
- Collaborate with and respond to feedback from the newsroom, news production, content partnerships and the product team, seeing projects through from conception to production
- Graphic/brand design and visual communication experience
- Excellent organisational, time management and communication skills
- Proven ability to deliver creative elements of projects on brief and on budget, and with a keen attention to detail
- Ability to work with stakeholders across different teams, but also capable of working independently
- Experience in creating basic motion graphics for video content and social media using After Effects or other tools
- Competencies in common graphic design tools such as Figma, Sketch, InVision, and Adobe Xd
- Experience working at a major news organization
- Ability to express thinking in words and images
- UX/UI design experience
- Experience working with Marketo
What We Offer You
Being part of the Devex team is a partnership. We strive to make Devex a place where you can thrive and do your most inspirational work. The compensation range for this role is competitive for small independent news organizations. Here are a few benefits we offer:
- 2, week-long Devex-wide breaks on top of standard holiday days
- 15 days annual leave
- 2 YAY days
- 2 Learning days
- Monthly professional and wellness activities
- Other benefits might apply
We encourage applications from all backgrounds! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Devex. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.