Digital Advertising Designer
- USA Only
Digital Advertising Designer (San Diego, CA, Hybrid)
PeopleConnect is hiring for our People Search Division as our business is GROWING!!! As the Digital Advertising Designer at PeopleConnect, you will be responsible for creating scroll-stopping direct response ads and converting users to take action. You are the conduit between the marketing and design team, working in collaboration to achieve strategic goals by taking ideas from concept to execution.
PeopleConnect People Search is an award-winning web development company with over 15 million customers nationwide. Our cutting-edge technology connects, informs and protects people — both online and off. Our websites are consistently ranked in the top 500 top traffic sites in the US. Our products have been featured on the Discovery Channel, Mashable, Vice, Entrepreneur, Business Insider — and even made a cameo in a Disney animated comedy! A pioneer of new ideas, we’re constantly looking to develop and deploy innovative strategies and solutions. Our people and culture are second to none: we’re innovative, creative, collaborative and talented. We work hard, play hard, and together — we work magic!
Employees enjoy flexible work hours every day whether working remote or in office. Our hybrid work schedule will offer flexibility to work from home a few days a week and work in office a few days a week. Additional flexibility may be considered for candidates outside of the greater San Diego area. When in office, employees are able to enjoy our state-of-the-art office with stunning views of beautiful downtown, Petco Park and the San Diego Harbor. Our dog-friendly office includes complimentary snacks, beverages and crazy-good perks (like free massages, kombucha on tap, free catered lunches, ping pong, video games, offsite team events and more)!
We offer very competitive salary + generous bonus package, 100% company paid health insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision), UNLIMITED vacation, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Holidays, Student Loan Repayment Program, 529 Education Savings Plan, Training/Education Reimbursement, free Gym Membership, Paid Parking and 401k Plan with Company Match. Check us out here!
What We're Looking For:
- Digital marketing designer with marketing agency and direct response experience
- Extensive creative knowledge and experience with online advertising, email, social, and other marketing materials for digital media
- Familiar with best practices for CTAs, conversion, and engagement rates
- Organized, communicates well, and collaborative
- Passion for learning and staying current with new technologies
Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Design responsive display and native ads
- Design presell and landing pages
- Design social media and blog assets
- Design email templates
- Adhere to brand and style guidelines to ensure artwork meets established quality and creative standards
- Act as digital asset manager for marketing creative
- Manage library of assets to be shared with affiliates and outside partners
- Strategize and brainstorm with the marketing team, content team and brand managers.
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years’ experience in designing direct response ads
- Bachelor's degree in design, marketing or equivalent
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and XD)
- Proficient in macOS
- Proficient in Google Workspace (Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc)
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Canva or Figma is a plus
- Understanding of HTML and CSS is a plus
- Animation skills is a plus
- You have an innate ability to convince people to take action. You apply commonly used marketing psychology principles in everything you do and know how to get clicks.
- You know the sizes, platforms and rules. You’re familiar with the common ad sizes, image quality standards, and content guidelines that differ by platform and ad type.
- You’re a self-starter. You can work independently without micromanagement, but know how to get help. You take initiative and work toward solutions instead of bouncing the task to someone else or getting stuck.
- You’re comfortable balancing multiple projects. You enjoy working on different projects and are good at multitasking. You'll be working on a mix of new and recurring projects across multiple brands.
- You know how to present design work. You can communicate how a design accomplishes a business or campaign goal. You’re comfortable with accepting feedback, finding solutions and iterating.
Note for Principal Agencies- Principal agents should not forward resumes to PeopleConnect. PC will not be responsible for any fees arising from the use of resumes submitted from agencies without a prior written and signed agreement and authorized job order for this position in place.