- 12 applicants (26%)
Although this listing shows the United Kingdom as its primary location, we are interested in seeing applicants coming from all parts of the EMEA region, or any time zone in the proximity that overlaps with core hours in CET or BST time zones.
Human Made is a globally distributed* company that helps organisations drive customer engagement, reinforce brand value and improve operations with digital solutions powered by Altis, our WordPress digital experience platform.
Over the past 10+ years, we’ve helped brands such as TechCrunch, CapGemini and USA Today build and deliver their digital strategies, transforming the way people interact with some of the most visited websites in the world. We have deep expertise and investment in using WordPress as a tool to create large- scale platforms, websites, and applications that drive transformational business value.
We are looking for a designer to take ownership of the visual appearance of our two brands; Human Made and Altis. The successful candidate will take ownership over how we represent ourselves across all brand materials, including those relating to marketing and sales, employer brand, our websites, social media and events, elevating our position in the market and contributing to the ongoing growth of both brands. We’ll also be providing the opportunity for our designer to evolve our brand presences as we develop and grow.
As such, a broad design-focused skillset is required. Creativity, passion and execution are all essential. We’re looking for someone that can turn complicated ideas into easy-to-consume packages, someone with fantastic communication skills, and someone that understands the incredibly valuable role design plays in a company’s growth. Experience with layout, illustration and digital are a must.
- Assume primary responsibility for design work across our businesses
- Conceive, design and create assets for use across sales and marketing, digital channels, and in the physical world
- Work as an extension of the marketing department to drive company growth
- Stay up to date with the latest developments and techniques from the industry
- Take custodianship of our brands, promoting adherence to brand guidelines
- Collaborate with teams across the business (product, marketing, sales) to ensure design supports our continued growth
- Develop a deep understanding of our products and clients in order to ensure we communicate effectively
- Establish effective workflows and processes cross-departmentally to ensure quality, consistency and deadline responsibilities are met
- Manage the design process, communicating effectively with the business to ensure visibility and understand of priorities and progress
- Champion a culture of design excellence across our internal and external output
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience creating brand assets, social media content, presentations, and web content
- A portfolio of work demonstrating a range of design skills, including layout and illustration
- A passion for design
- The confidence and vision to elevate our brand presences
- An up to date knowledge of and ability to use current design tools and packages
- The ability to work in the exciting and challenging world of start-up tech
- Professional experience in B2B or technology would be an advantage
- The ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- An outcome-focused approach to work
- A growth mindset
- Flexible working
- 52 weeks parental leave
- 35 day maximum holiday policy
- Sickness and carers leave
- Annual company retreat
- Conference and training budget
- Monthly remote working allowance
- Work wherever you want
- New computer when you need it
- New mobile phone after probation, and an upgrade every two years
- Office equipment when you need it after probation
Our Interview Process:
- Email interview : You will be sent a questionnaire (10-10 questions) and expected to submit your responses within a week of receiving it
- First introductory interview with the Director of Marketing
- Second interview with a panel and presentation of a task as assigned on the first call
- If successful, you will be contacted with an offer from the hiring manager for this role.
We strongly encourage you to submit an application if you think you meet the requirements, are familiar with Human Made, feel excited about joining the team, and last but not least, will put effort into making your application stand out by adding a well-written cover letter , and if possible, your most updated CV, which should include your career background and tasks/achievements that relate to this role.
Additional links about our Hiring Process:
*Human Made is a remote and globally distributed organization. However, due to the remote nature of our team, we can’t provide any legal sponsorship to attain a work visa or permit in your country of residence, nor in any of the countries where we operate. We strongly advise you to seek legal counsel to ensure your residential status is fully legal before you apply.