- 77 applicants
Our marketing team is seeking a Designer with great aesthetic sensibilities and a love of entertainment. Our team supports the marketing and creative needs of First Look Media (corporate) and Topic Studios. Projects will include everything from developing and pitching key art, creating pitch decks and presentation decks, social media assets, promotional content and marketing campaigns, event signage, and overall, helping to maintain brand quality standards.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with entertainment brands and how to best develop creative solutions for platforms where our presence and content live including websites, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok.
We are looking for a talented, creative and experienced designer that is self- motivated, resourceful, highly motivated, organized and efficient, adaptable, energetic, professional, collaborative, and with an overall great work ethic. This position will be the sole Designer on the team and will work with outside freelance designers, editors and motion graphics professionals as needed.
- Help to develop and maintain the visual identity of the brands
- Be highly collaborative and adaptable with teams and individuals across the company to tackle new initiatives and meet unexpected challenges.
- Build strong, supportive, and constructive relationships throughout the organization.
- Conceptualize and develop key art
- Develop logos, title treatments and brand systems
- Conceptualize and develop ads and marketing campaigns
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop ideas.
- Own individual projects from conception to completion.
- Be diligent about keeping key staff in the loop regarding the status of projects
- Develop presentation decks and deck templates (Adobe Express, etc.)
- Create event signage and collateral
- Resize assets as needed for print and digital
- Design materials for print (business cards, postcards, collateral, custom packaging, signage, etc)
- Own projects from conception through execution.
- Work to constantly push, evolve and elevate the work.
- Stay on top of industry trends, advancements and new techniques that could help to elevate the work and brand.
- Participate in brainstorm sessions related to projects and overall department, and company goals
- Work within our file structure system and keeping files extremely organized.
- Other appropriately related projects/duties as assigned
Background & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience as a designer, preferably in film, television, entertainment, or media
- Bachelor's degree in design, advertising, fine art or related field or equivalent experience.
- A passion for design.
- 5+ years using Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign
- Motion design experience a plus (Adobe AfterEffects)
- Experience developing key art and working on marketing campaigns preferred
- Strong sense of visual storytelling and visual aesthetic
- Experience with branding and developing systems that reinforce and strengthen brand equity
- Experience with print and prepping files for printers
- Ability to take feedback as a process and a means to continually improve, grow and pivot as needed.
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines and to prioritize the needs of multiple assignments.
- Ability to roll-up your sleeves and get things done
- Ability to present ideas clearly and thoughtfully.
- Ability to share feedback in a constructive way.
- Ability to help problem solve and come up with solutions.
- Self-starter who is a detail-oriented, and enthusiastic team player.
- Passion for working in a collaborative team in a fast-paced environment.
- Incredibly creative, organized, efficient and dedicated to creating quality work.
Compensation(NYC Only) : The salary range for this role is $65,000 - $75,000 annually. The salary offered will be determined based on relative experience, skillset and other job related factors.