Column Five is a B2B-focused creative agency that helps ambitious brands find and tell their best stories to drive real results.
Column Five is looking to hire a full time Designer who knows how to effectively conceptualize, iterate, and execute high quality design work. Column Five is a creative agency that helps brands find and tell their best stories.
As a Designer you’ll be responsible for the execution of high quality creative for clients ranging from large tech companies to purpose-driven nonprofits. You’ll collaborate closely with a variety of talented people to plan, concept, design and develop strategy-led content and design solutions from kick-off to launch.
At Column Five, you’ll join a vibrant team of people in a fast-paced environment built on collaboration, camaraderie, freedom, and flexibility. Each day you’ll find surprising challenges that stretch your skills and expand your creativity. As a distributed team, we value responsibility and autonomy, so we’ve designed our tools and processes to help you do your best work—the way work best. Most importantly, you’ll get the chance to grow with talented people who make you feel loved, respected, and welcomed. If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves, we can make work a place of belonging and a source of fulfillment and joy—together. (Find out more about our core values.)
This Designer position reports to the Design Team Lead with guidance from our Art Directors and Creative Director.
What a Designer role looks like day-to-day:
- Design content, from sketch to final deliverable, utilizing design software programs and traditional methods.
- Work collaboratively and communicate professionally with other departments/disciplines.
- Ability to manage timelines, deadlines, and your own personal bandwidth, making decisions that consider budget and/or project parameters and objectives.
- Give and receive timely, relevant, and thoughtful feedback—while taking action on that feedback as necessary.
- Brings a sense of curiosity to every project—exploring alternative or unexpected solutions to even the most straight-forward or typical project.
DESIGNER RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Collaborate with team members to plan and produce projects of varying size and type.
- Concept and execute original design solutions that uphold and elevate our collective quality standard.
- Lead and champion good design practices for file prep, design handoff, and quality assurance.
- Offer and receive feedback throughout design and project planning phases.
- Participate in client and internal conversations on design thinking and execution.
REQUIREMENTS FOR A DESIGNER AT COLUMN FIVE
- You are a graphic designer.
- You have strong typography, hierarchy, and layout skills.
- You are proficient with Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop.
- You have education in graphic design (or a related field).
- You have experience in a professional design environment, agency experience preferred.
- You have humility to listen, grow, and learn.
- Competitive salary
- Full health insurance
- Profit Sharing
- Parental leave
- Trainings, education, and investment to support career growth
- FSA plan (medical and dependent care)
- Life insurance, long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Remote-first company
- Generous 401(k) savings plan
- A fun, engaged, and inclusive team
Compensation is dependent upon experience. We do not pay based on the location of the employee, rather based on the market rates in Orange County, CA.
We are a distributed- or remote-first company. This means that we are open to working with you if you live anywhere within the USA. If you desire to work in an office with other C5ers, we have an office in Costa Mesa, CA.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a current pdf version of your resume, and a brief cover letter that includes why you are the right person for Column Five.
No phone calls, please. Although we value the services recruitment agencies provide, at this time we are not leveraging external 3rd party recruitment resources for this search. Should those needs change, we will seek your assistance directly.
Column Five is an Equal Opportunity Employer focused on creating a workplace of belonging. We encourage applicants from all walks of life and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, and other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you need reasonable accommodations for any part of the employment process, let us know.