Plivo is a global CPaaS (Communications Platform as a Service) platform that empowers businesses to connect, engage and interact with their customers in a more efficient and meaningful way.
Plivo’s mission is to simplify business communications. Thousands of businesses around the globe including IBM, Workday, Godaddy, and Lifesize rely on Plivo to power their voice and SMS communications at global scale.
Founded in 2011, Plivo has over 280 employees across its US and India offices. Plivo is part of YCombinator and is backed by prominent investors, including Andreessen Horowitz and Battery Ventures. Plivo has been profitable for the past seven years, an unusual milestone for companies of this scale.
- Ship high fidelity designs of new features/pages and quickly prototype solutions.
- Someone who has an eye for detail, and balances visual, innovation and usability.
- Passion for digital product development.
- Experience with diverse content and subject matter.
- Iterate on concepts based on peer feedback, usability testing, and data.
- Create designs by finding the right problems to solve, and shipping features.
- The ability to clearly present your point of view, express ideas, and accept feedback.
Proactively identify potential problems and solutions which lean into complexity.
5-7 years of experience.
- Strong and flexible skills in visual design and conceptualisation.
- Knowledge of design processes, particularly as applied to web-based applications.
- Knowledge of capabilities and limitations in Web development such as HTML and CSS.
- Ideally worked in a startup or tech company to help adjust to the pace and autonomy at Plivo.
- Experience with or curiosity about PaaS .
- Proficiency in current design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Zeplin, Illustrator, etc.
- Good old’ pen and paper or whiteboarding to define work at low and high fidelity.