Design Director, Brand/Marketing
At Wistia, we believe in the power of video. Our software and content helps small and medium sized businesses leverage creativity, brand, and human connection throughout their marketing efforts with video.
The marketing design team at Wistia is in need of a new leader! At Wistia we value great design and truly believe in the impact that it can have on our customer experience. We need a leader who can represent the Marketing Design team cross functionally, push our talented designers to grow and deliver their best work, and foster a collaborative environment that puts quality and customer experience at the forefront of our decisions. Our team is uniquely placed to dive into a wide range of projects with a diverse set of design needs including maintaining and expanding on Wistia’s brand identity, partnering with product marketing engineering teams on building a compelling vision for the marketing site, illustration, show branding, advertisements, environmental design, and much more!
As Director of Marketing Design, You are responsible for:
- Lead the team in delivering impactful work — You quickly gather and understand the priorities of our business, and work with stakeholders on the team to strategize, scope, and deliver high-impact design solutions.
- Build and maintain a strong design process — from creative brief, to design feedback; we expect our Director of Marketing Design to set up systems that help us hit deadlines without compromising on quality
- Forward planning — With your design expertise and visibility into our long term strategy, we expect you to spot and solve problems such as resourcing contention and scoping issues.
- Protect and evolve our brand — We need the Director of Marketing Design to collaborate closely with our art director, and head of Product design to ensure our approaches are leveraging the full strength of our team and considering the holistic customer experience.
**As Director of Marketing Design at Wistia, your success will be measured
- Brand Advocate — You have an in depth understanding of our brand and are able to help others find creative ways of pushing the brand forward through design and visual communication.
- Communicating design decisions across the organization — You understand how to make educated design decisions with your cross-functional partners and are able to communicate and discuss those decisions with others outside of the design and marketing organization.
- Learning from feedback — You can lead a strong design review process that fosters open collaboration and criticism.
- Developing meaningful relationships — You work well with your cross-functional team and stakeholders to understand needs and explain your design choices. You gain the trust of everyone around you by speaking the same language.
- Moving fast and feeling positive — We are a small and fast paced team with a broad scope of work, so we need to be nimble and have a great time doing it.
We try to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We care a lot, so our benefits are actually benefits, not just the fun stuff like swag and snacks in the office (though we also have lots of those too!).
We know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees, so we provide:
- A great compensation package
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you contribute
- Profit Sharing!
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare coverage for you and your family (including dental) and a healthcare FSA
- Up to 16 weeks paid family leave
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Transportation subsidies
We have a beautiful office in Cambridge, MA, but we’re all working remotely (all 100+ of us) right now. Permanently remote applicants will be considered, but we’ll give priority to local applicants, those willing to relocate, and those within 3 hours of EST.