- USA Only
- 4 applicants
Position: Design Director
Reports To : Creative Director
Location : Remote (though, Interact has offices in Austin TX and Boulder CO)
Type of Work: Full time/Salaried
Salary Band : $100-130K
Experience : 6+ years leading creative engagements within an agency
- Highly competitive health care & dental coverage
- Apple computers & equipment
- Remote work flexibility
- Open vacation policy
- 3+ weeks company holiday closures
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Option to relocate to Boulder or Austin with relocation package
- Access to a 401K plan
- Ability to make an impact at a growing company with brands that you experience in your everyday
- Bonus potential
About Interact & the Role
Interact is a creative-led branding agency in the business of creating success for our clients through wildly effective brand experiences. Our success is deeply contingent on the people that make up our team. As the leader of a design team, you are tasked with cultivating enviable work through inspiring the team to come up with big creative ideas that challenge categories and not consumers. You will spearhead and lead the creative pushes on your projects as well as those of the broader studio, creating and helping others create the enviable, bold and unexpected creative work we aim to achieve. You will need to demonstrate knowledge of how to lead and direct a team, work with the strategy team and think strategically about projects, put together concise design strategies, have a high level of conceptual thinking, show the ability to push our clients in unexpected ways, try to find solutions that help future- proof their brands, show the ability to present to clients in engaging and energetic ways, have a passion and expertise of design, show motivation to learn new skills, as well as teach skills to other team members, show the ability to clearly communicate with your team, and think critically about your strengths and weaknesses to help facilitate growth. You will develop strong relationships with members of all teams. You will add to the creative culture of the studio by being a leader in the studio activities outside the office. You will approach your responsibilities and tasks with enthusiasm to help motivate other members of the team. You will treat all members of the team with respect and professionalism.
- Create enviable work.
- Critique work honestly.
- Push ideation & creative output.
- Mentor team members.
When stuck, ask for assistance.
Lead creative projects
- Work with the strategic team to develop strong foundations for creative work.
- Create concise design strategies to push the creative work of the studio.
- Create designs, campaigns and activations either through your own work or by cultivating it through your team.
- Lead the creation of concept sketches, connective design systems and final assets.
- Work across various mediums including, but not limited to: identity, packaging, activations, campaigns, digital media, structure and environments.
- Lead the creation and curation of mood boards, produce mock-ups and audits.
- Cultivate and grow client relationships in partnership with your account team.
- Support the creative leadership with any tasks needed.
- Present to clients and clearly communicate the conceptual ideas of designs.
- Support the mentorship of your design team to help the growth of the creative department.
You will report to a creative director, or to the Director of Design who will help guide your leadership skills, creative process, team mentorship, client presentation abilities and the output and facilitation of projects from inception to completion. This mentor is provided to help facilitate your growth, but it is also your responsibility to ask for help and guidance when needed. You will also be tasked with helping to mentor the designers on your team. Helping to guide the quality and technical skill of their creative output, as well as helping them develop the soft skills that growth requires including, but not limited to: presentation skills, ability to articulate their creative ideas clearly and their ability to manage their time effectively.