- USA Only
- 2 applicants (29%)
Remote (or San Francisco) – Full-Time
Clay is a global design agency building world-class digital products and brands. Our clients include Meta, Slack, Google, Snapchat, Amazon, Coinbase, and many innovative startups.
We are looking for a Design Director to join us remotely or in our San Francisco-based studio. Design Directors at Clay lead a team of designers across multiple UI/UX projects from discovery through strategy and execution, working directly with client decision-makers.
You’re a Good Candidate If:
- You have 8+ years of digital design experience in an agency setting.
- You have 3+ years of experience overseeing a design team and can ensure the quality of deliverables and work efficiency of a cross-disciplinary project team.
- You have thorough experience in proposing initial creative concepts and executing that vision through proven leadership as well as the amalgamation of thoughts from both fellow team members and client stakeholders throughout the design process.
- You thrive on solving complex UX problems and possess the strategic insight to deliver premier visual design solutions.
- You have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- You have experience building and growing high-performance remote design teams.
- You have a strong portfolio that demonstrates a solid understanding of product strategy, user experience, and visual design for digital products. It’s preferred that you also have a strong grasp of front-end development technologies and trends; however, this is not required to be a considered candidate.
- You can confidently present your work as well as engage in productive discourse to guarantee project success and client satisfaction.
- Fully remote work from anywhere in the world (with a preference for US-friendly time zones) or our San Francisco studio
- Competitive salary
- 120 hours (3 weeks) of PTO annually
- Paid annual holidays
- Health insurance fully paid by us
- Unlimited sick days
- Additional EOY PTO during December holidays
- Regular company retreats
- Amazing clients ranging from top startups to leading brands
- Supportive team and healthy work environment
At Clay, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive and equitable workplace because we recognize that diversity is fundamental to delivering the best digital products and services. Being that our team is spread across the globe, we pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin of employees, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protect status.