- 0 applicants (0%)
The internet is broken. Ads don't monetize well, and reward selling other products and services rather than one’s own experiences. Subscriptions and large up-front purchases are a huge commitment barrier and don’t work for most experiences.
We're building the online payments platform to remonetize the internet to enable a new era online – one with an abundance of quality, trusted and accessible experiences. We’re doing this by enabling builders, creators and developers to implement completely new monetization models, and earn significantly more. We also enable users to easily auto-pay for content, or tip with just a click.
Mash is built on Bitcoin and the Lightning Network. Sound, scalable, trust- minimized, and programmable money. It can be sent around the world instantly, at no/low costs. It's the most transformative payment technology ever conceived, and realized.
Our first products enable builders, creators and app developers to integrate “pay-as-you-enjoy” pricing directly into their digital experiences with just a snippet of code. It also includes an interoperable built-in Wallet to make the experience as simple as possible – no downloads required, and users don’t need to be a Bitcoin native.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Mash team is expanding our design and CX efforts. We’re seeking a designer to help refine our products and create new ones. They’ll design, test, polish and launch new features, elaborate upon our identity and contribute to our cross-functional team dynamic. You’ll be critical to Mash’s success, directly responsible for shaping the experiences that we create.
- Understanding and accommodating user personas, needs, desires, opportunities and issues
- Designing new products, and improving current ones
- Creating delightful end-to-end experiences that make users feel connected, valued and empowered
- Applying informed behavioral design, user engagement mechanics and other best practices to design solutions
- UI design, usability, A/B and UX testing (including elaboration upon new and sometimes complex actions)
- Working closely and collaborating with the entire cross-functional team (e.g., product, design, engineering)
- Identifying opportunities for innovation and improvement
- Expanding and refining our design system
Desired Skill Set
- 2+ years of experience working as a CX Designer
- Knowledge of engagement mechanics and behavioral design techniques
- Critical thinking and user-focused interaction design
- Range of product design exposure including some of the following:
- Mobile & desktop
- Consumer applications
- Payment systems
- SaaS-based products
- Comfortable working with Figma, and the Adobe Creative suite
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment and cross-functional team
- Excellent style, process and creative eye
- Aptitude and drive to take a project from concept to launch
- Respond well to open-ended problems and thrive on autonomy
- Self-starter and problem solver with the ability to learn, adapt, iterate quickly
- Thrive in a team environment – focused on unified goals
- Effective communication skills
- Passion for lifelong learning and improvement
ABOUT OUR TEAM
We’re currently a cross-functional team of eight individuals with experience at start-ups, scale-ups and big tech – including Google, Amazon, Lazer, D2L, Typeform and Fitbit. We’re well-funded, backed by top VC’s and angel investors. Mash is a remote first company. Much of the team is currently based in the eastern time zone, and we accommodate each other to work wherever we are in the world.
TOOLS WE USE
We design mostly in Figma, utilizing the Adobe Creative Suite when necessary. We concept flows and refine ideas through analog and digital tools including Figjam, Balsamiq, whiteboards and Post-its. As a remote team, we use Slack to stay in touch during core work hours and remain flexible for whatever is needed to be effective.
HOW WE WORK
We treat your time as the scarce asset that it is. We respect going heads down to get into a flow. Distractions and context switching are things we work to minimize. We have meetings for specific purposes, and we leverage asynchronous channels as much as possible. This allows us to maintain a high-velocity with appropriate collaboration.
Mash has an open and direct culture. We use data to make informed decisions. We believe that not making a decision is a decision – and a terrible one. We have strong conviction and take action. We can agree to disagree and move forward after open discussion. As we learn, we re-evaluate, iterate and push forward.
Mash is a remote-first company. We are doing this deliberately to assemble the best team possible and enable you to work where it fits best into your life. For those that prefer an in-person based environment, we will consider having mini-offices in cities that we have a meaningful presence in.
HOW TO APPLY
Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org , including your CV, portfolio link, a bit about yourself, and three bullet points about why you’re interested in joining Mash.