Creative Director Softlines
- USA Only
- 10 applicants (62%)
Epic Drops is an online retail store services and multi-channel e-commerce management featuring a wide variety of consumer goods: toys, apparel, accessories, home goods, and one-of-a-kind goods and services. Epic Drops provides a personalized and fan-focused approach to every product made.
We’re looking for people who want to explore, experiment, and innovate to come up with the best ideas. Our culture of community, passion, integrity, creativity, and inclusion has inspired our diverse team of highly skilled, creative, and committed individuals.
We are looking for a highly collaborative individual with solid people management skills and extensive technical design expertise. Your primary role will be to create bespoken, inspiring, trend-forward, and relevant creative assets that embody our brand values, offer a world-class brand experience to our consumers, and meet commercial expectations.
This role requires a hands-on approach with the end-to-end creative process of designing and art directing style guides and developing a suite of other creative assets and tools across various consumer product categories. These categories include Toys, Apparel, Accessories, Fashion, Home, Electronics, and more! In-depth knowledge and understanding of Softlines and/or Hardlines product manufacturing processes is essential to your role.
Softlines XP is the essential skill set required with Hardlines XP being a bonus.
This position reports directly to the CEO.
Cleveland, OH (preferred) or Remote
What you will do:
- Create innovative and compelling design solutions that are fully aligned to the global brand and commercial strategies, in line with business expectations and revenue targets.
- Drive trend and retail research, lean into consumer insights, share and apply to generate new business opportunities, and drive product innovation.
- Create style guides and product tools to support Licensees’ product development.
- Create relevant creative concepts and pitch decks to unlock new business.
- Manage Creative Agency/Freelance relationships, from selection to art direction and design execution.
- Manage creative budget with brand partners and achieve key delivery dates.
- Lead, mentor, and develop a small team of designers, ensuring quality and brand consistency across creative assets.
- Organize and present creative assets to internal and external teams.
- Ability to translate trends, business insights, and commercial results to drive future creative development.
What you’ll bring:
- Technical Design Expertise; accomplished in Adobe Suite CC, Presentation Software, and understanding color within print & product applications
- Extensive experience in Consumer Products licensing business or related industry
- Solid knowledge and understanding of print, digital, and product manufacturing processes
- Extensive experience in managing a team of direct reports
- Strong influencing and excellent stakeholder management skills at a senior level
- Extensive experience in managing external vendors and third parties (e.g., agencies, licensees, retailers)
- Deep understanding of brand management and ability to evolve character and story into compelling visuals
- Proven track record of design and delivery, with experience in creative management – ideation, development, manufacturing, and commercial execution
- High level of creativity, passion, and integrity with solid business acumen
- Detail-oriented with the ability to seek and use data, analytics & trend forecasting to provide insights that contribute to creative strategy
- Thinks globally, with the ability to customize design and delivery to meet Regional/Local needs
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to communicate and build effective relationships at all levels
- Ability to work with diverse teams in remote locations and dynamic environments across the globe
- Ability to balance multiple projects and prioritize different tasks
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and adapts quickly to change
- Highly collaborative, openly share knowledge and ideas and incorporate input from others
Epic Drops brands and talented people are our greatest assets. One of the ways we invest in you is through a competitive and contemporary benefits package. Your particular benefits package will depend on your position, location, local legal requirements, and years with the company. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, and more!
Epic Drops is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. We are committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, or any other legally protected status.