- USA Only
- 1 applicant (9%)
Title: Creative Director
Whatnot is a livestream shopping platform and marketplace backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, and CapitalG. We’re building the future of ecommerce, bringing together community, shopping and entertainment. We are committed to our values, whether working remotely or from one of our offices. We are building a team that has experience from top tech, retail and payments platforms in the world.
We’re innovating in the fast-paced world of live auctions in categories including sports, fashion, video games, and streetwear. The platform couples rigorous seller vetting with a focus on community to create a welcoming space for buyers and sellers to share their passions with others.
And, we’re growing. Whatnot has been the fastest growing marketplace in the US over the past two years and we’re hiring forward-thinking problem solvers across all functional areas.
Retail disruption is one of the largest opportunities in the startup space today. Livestream shopping is taking off around the world a $300B GMV market in China that’s grown 100% YoY. Whatnot is bringing it to the world through a community-first approach, starting in the U.S. where retail is a $5T market opportunity!
We are seeking a highly experienced and talented Creative Director to lead our creative team in developing and executing innovative marketing and branding strategies for our company. As the Creative Director, you will be responsible for overseeing the creation of high-quality visual content across multiple platforms, driving user engagement and customer loyalty through exceptional branding and marketing campaigns.
- Collaborate with the go-to-market and marketing teams to develop and execute branding and marketing strategies that support our business goals and objectives.
- Oversee the development and implementation of all visual content, including our brand identity, videos, photos, creative assets across social media platforms, our website, email marketing campaigns, performance marketing, events, physical locations and more.
- Manage, mentor a team of designers, animators, and videographers, providing guidance and feedback to ensure the highest quality of work.
- Scale our design team to help support the needs and demand of our business.
- Lead brainstorming and ideation sessions, generate new ideas and concepts for campaigns, and develop creative briefs that inspire the team to deliver outstanding work.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure consistent branding and messaging across all channels.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices, and incorporate them into the company’s creative strategy.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external partners, including agencies and freelancers.
Curious about who thrives at Whatnot? We’ve found that low ego, a growth mindset, and leaning into action and high impact goes a long way here.
As our next Creative Director you should have 8+ years of art direction experience in the mediums of print, advertising, conceptual campaigns, branding, photography, digital media, product and motion design, plus:
- Impeccable design skills.
- Shown ability to develop and guide thoughtful, meaningful, provocative creative with an extraordinary eye for detail.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, communicate, and collaborate with multidisciplinary teams
- Highly collaborative, with strong communication skills and the ability to articulate ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite. 3D software is a plus.
- Online portfolio that showcases your work.
- Competitive base salary and stock options
- Unlimited Vacation Policy and Company-wide Holidays (including a spring and winter break)
- Health Insurance options including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short term disability & Long term Disability
- Whatnot covers 99% of employee premium costs, and 75% of dependent care premiums for Medical
- Dental and Vision sponsored 100% by Whatnot for employees and dependents
- Work From Home Support
- Laptop provided by Whatnot and home office setup allowance
- $450 work-from-anywhere quarterly allowance for cell phone and internet
- Care benefits
- $1,350 quarterly allowance on food
- $1,500 quarterly allowance for wellness
- 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave and gradual return to work
- $5,000 annual allowance towards Childcare
- $20,000 lifetime benefit for family planning, such as adoption or fertility expenses
- Professional Development
- $2,000 annual benefit to invest in your professional development
- 401k offering for Traditional and Roth accounts provided by Betterment
- Employer matching contributions of 100% of up to 4% of contributions on base salary
Whatnot is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, parental status, disability status, or any other status protected by local law. We believe that our work is better and our company culture is improved when we encourage, support, and respect the different skills and experiences represented within our workforce.