- 9 applicants (13%)
We’re looking for a Creative Director to lead The Black Tux into the next stage of growth and expression for the brand, overseeing all aspects of creative execution and brand development. You’ll partner closely with the CMO and CEO to define a holistic brand & creative strategy, and lead the development of brand marketing and campaigns in partnership with the marketing team (growth & content), product, and retail teams.
What You'll Do
- Galvanize a creative culture within the marketing org and broader company that is collaborative, aspirational, and pushing the boundaries of our industry
- Serve as the chief designer for the brand, up-leveling existing creative and executing new, expressive design aesthetic through channels and campaigns
- Invigorate the brand with energy, passion, humor, and thought leadership
- Lead and grow a small team of content creators and writers
- Translate business, strategic, communication objectives through distinct, memorable creative execution
- Oversee overall creative direction and vision on all projects
- Serve as the arbiter of the brand: ensure integrity and quality of creative work across channelsBuild collaborative relationships with stakeholders and agencies
- Protect, extend, and sharpen the language of the brand
Who You Are
- 10+ years of experience in creative and/or brand leadership roles
- Strong, independent creative with a history of working with growing brands to create successful, memorable, culturally relevant content
- Talented designer with an ability to build and execute creative across online and offline channels; experience leading the development of short-form video (TikTok/Reels) preferred
- Eye for fashion & design (industry experience preferred)
- Has experience presenting ideas and enjoys doing it
- Has managed stakeholder expectations
- Organized with great communication skills
- Comfortable bringing your point of view into a discussion
- You love creating things - energized by building creative for a variety of formats and channels, from static to video
- You’re a storyteller
- You like to find new and better ways to make things
- You are curious about people and like to ask questions
- You value impact over form but are loyal to quality
- You’re a natural early adopter interested in tech, fashion, and brand building
- You love attention to detail; ability to track parallel deadlines while maintaining focus and quality
- You’re rigorous, self-driven, and communicative
- Capable of moving fluidly across strategic, creative, and execution-oriented workIn-tune with cultural marketing trends in creative, digital and social
- Willing to take risks and have conviction for your ideas, values, and team members
- Entrepreneurial and a lifelong learner: constantly curious to explore new things Enjoys being part of a fun, dynamic, growing team working toward a common goal
- Portfolio required for review
Benefits and Perks of Working at The Black Tux
- We pay people equally and based on market compensation data
- We provide a 401(k) plan through Betterment
- Our full-time employees receive stock options and have a stake in the company
- Our Health, dental and vision plans are competitive, and we cover 100% of employee coverage and 50% of dependents
- Open vacation time
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement
- TBT Women’s Group
- TBT Diversity and Inclusion Group
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Apple equipment or whatever you need to be productive
- Monthly employee events and trainings
- Free suit rentals
The Creative Director role is remote.
The base salary range for this position is $130k - $150k, but the actual compensation may vary based on the candidate’s skills, qualifications, and location. The Black Tux defines compensation plans using market data aligned with comparable companies at a similar stage and size as ours.
This position also qualifies incentive based compensation which may include a performance based bonus and/or incentive stock options. The Black Tux also offers unlimited PTO on top of generous company holidays, including a winter break at the end of each year.
Our people are the most important asset to us. Our benefits, perks, pay and culture reflect this in every decision we make. If you want to learn more about us, check out our Culture Book.
We're an equal opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities.
Notice to California Job Applicants disclosed here.