- USA Only
- 5 applicants (36%)
Our mission is to help people become happier, healthier, and more resilient in the face of life's challenges. The science suggests these are skills - ones that meditation makes us better at.
At its core, meditation is a simple, secular, scientifically validated exercise for your mind. Like running in the 70's, or yoga in the 90's, meditation is now poised to become the next big public health revolution. Join the team that's accelerating this revolution. Ten Percent Happier touches millions of lives with award winning apps, books and a podcast, is backed by extraordinary investors, co-founded by #1 New York Times Bestselling author Dan Harris of ABC News, and guided by the world's most respected meditation teachers & scientists.
Your mission is to evolve Ten Percent Happier into a household consumer brand with media sub-brands in a way that inspires, engages, and connects with audiences in meaningful ways.
What you will do:
Ten Percent Happier’s vision is one in which all people to have the inner resources to cultivate happiness for themselves and the world. Launched in 2014 with Dan Harris’ New York Times best-selling book, TPH has brought meditation practices and learnings to millions of households. Said simply, we’re helping people see what leads to happiness, and what doesn’t. We’re now expanding on that approach by building various media properties (podcasts, books, streaming video), expanding our award-winning app membership, and developing new products to connect members and foster deeper transformation. We’re seeking a Creative Director to work closely with our founders, CMO, and editorial/product teams to take our brands to the next level. This will require getting hands-on when needed, but also the ability to build the team over time to support expanding products and media properties.
Some of your activities will include:
- Digest the TPH brand strategy, vision, mission, and values; translate, codify and steward the brand through its visual identity, voice, and tone.
- Partner with founders, CMO, and editorial/product teams to develop sub-brands that stand on their own but ladder up to the overall TPH brand in a meaningful way
- Evangelize brand visual + voice on an ongoing basis, in a way that inspires and enables editorial teams.
- Ensure consistency of brand across multiple touchpoints and in various contexts such as cover art, app/web, email, at live events, in partnerships, licensing deals, etc.
- Build a roster and/or team of creatives to meet the needs of a quickly growing media and product business
- Develop resources to provide autonomy to the business in expressing brand (brand book, design guides, video language, host selection guidelines)
- Review, provide feedback, and guide work generated by the team and creative agency partners
What does success look like?
- A holistic creative strategy that spans across channels and ladders up to brand goals
- A deep understanding of, and affinity for, the Ten Percent Happier brand among employees, partners, and audiences
- Completed and distributed brand resources to enable teams to uphold our brand when working independently
- Close partnership with product, marketing, design, and editorial teams
- Develop a culture of design & copy excellence and brand stewardship
- Hire and manage a strong, diverse, and balanced creative team
- High degree of trust among founders and CMO that CD can work autonomously to successfully translate our brand into compelling creative
What you will bring to the team:
- A strategic approach to design and copy, and a passion for how words and visuals come together to define what a brand feels like in the world
- Demonstrated success building entertainment or consumer tech brands in close partnership with editorial teams, production teams, and talent
- Knowledge of brand strategy and the foundational elements that guide creative; skilled at crafting compelling and cohesive narratives across channels and touchpoints
- Ability to understand and influence cross-functional priorities, effectively translating to creative strategy and output. Getting hands-on when needed.
- Success translating messaging into user-centric narratives and high-performing copy
- Experience building a wide range of creative assets, including paid and organic media, web assets, app store presentations, video, emails, brand partnerships, and more