The Creative Director advances and oversees the creative offerings at Something Special Studios. The CD is an experienced conceptual and hands-on visual design practitioner who will lead the creative development and output across a variety of projects and initiatives including campaigns, brand experiences, digital products, and vision planning at the intersection of culture, technology, arts, music, fashion, architecture, retail and more.
The CD strives to inspire and foster a positive, creative culture at SSS while leading exceptional standards in practices and upholding an outward-facing presence in the creative community.
In this role, the CD will have an opportunity to manage an exciting, global immersive experience centered around the arts, cultural programming, and art fabrication with established/emerging artists. This project is currently active in pre-launch development; experience and/or knowledge of the contemporary/cultural arts and brand launch activations are a major plus.
- Lead creative principle of SSSpecial Projects, Client work, and new business development.
- Expert in driving creative direction from conception to execution across various mediums and touchpoints; including campaign and brand experiences, content, digital, and activations.
- Partner with management in vision planning and goal-setting for the growth of SSS’ creative services.
- Introduce and maintain a depth of quality creative and industry relationships to support building teams; casting in-house and freelance talent/partners for project considerations.
- Build strong relationships and manage the professional development of interdisciplinary creative staff.
- Collaborate with Creative Strategy discipline to ideate and visualize creative concepts.
- Work closely with discipline Leads to establish best practices and quality assurance across the creative process and workflow.
- 7+ years of creative experience, leading integrated and multidisciplinary creative mediums, preferably 3+ years in a Creative Director role in a design, agency, or in-house creative environment.
- Proven experience, knowledge, and passion in the cultural spaces of the arts, design, creative community and talent, technology, and related media.
- Stellar presentation and communication skills in written, verbal, and design approaches for internal, partner, and Client counterparts.