- USA Only
Designer – In Office or Remote (U.S. Only)
Viget is a digital agency / software development shop headquartered just outside of Washington, DC, (in Falls Church, VA) with additional offices in Durham, NC, Boulder, CO, and Chattanooga, TN. We’ve been at it since 1999 and have earned a solid reputation as a rare firm that does both great design and development work when building digital products and marketing platforms.
Our designers work alongside industry-leading copywriters and brand strategists, UX and product designers, project managers, and developers to create visually-rich, complex digital experiences and compelling products. Your work will include project discovery, strategy development, design presentation, visual design, brand development, and motion design. At this time, we’re hoping to hire a Designer with 2–5 years experience in digital design.
In between projects, we share our opinions and write about our methods.
- Are creative thinkers and visual storytellers.
- Begin work with thoughtful strategy and avoid elementary design solutions.
- Think beyond aesthetics and apply methodical problem solving to design.
- Are strong communicators and have the ability to articulate design decisions to a variety of audiences.
- Are mindful and skilled presenters.
- Create custom visuals as necessary to enhance content narratives or extend brand identity systems.
- Enjoy variety in their work, which may include early brand explorations, fine-tuning UI elements, and anything in between.
- Understand that motion design is an essential part of interactive design.
- Know how to make connections to create, extend, and enhance brand stories.
- Are considerate of accessibility, usability, and future-friendly web standards.
- Find it exciting to know their next project could involve AR/VR/XR, IOT, software, hardware, product design, design systems, or a marketing campaign, microsite, or large-scale website.
- Understand that digital design is fluid, flexible, and adaptive to an ever growing variety of screen sizes and dimensions.
- Are comfortable using modern digital design tools and open to learning new ones. We spend most of our time in Figma supplemented by apps in Adobe’s Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, AfterEffects, etc.). Principal and Webflow are also emerging tools for us—experience a plus.
- Are interested in continual learning and sharing knowledge with others.
- Have grit and understand that hard work is simply part of the job.
- Make opportunities to be a part of a larger professional community.
You must also:
- Have an online portfolio you can share with us that includes a variety of web and UI design projects.
- Have a degree, certification, or equivalent work experience showing aptitude with visual design.
Design at Viget – The design team at Viget has three roles that provide our clients with services ranging from brand strategy to product design:
- UX Designers specialize in crafting complex marketing sites, content sites, and e-commerce sites.
- Product Designers specialize in creating compelling digital products.
- Creative Designers specialize in making visually-rich experiences and sites for brands.
Viget is an award-winning, full-service digital agency on a mission to build a better digital world. Our team of ambitious, creative, hard-working people are committed to collaborating on challenging, innovative, and meaningful work for inspiring clients like ESPN, AdCouncil, and the World Wildlife Fund. We’re a rare software shop known for prioritizing clean code as much as good design. If you join, you can expect project variety, professional growth, influence on our future (and yours), and teammates who care. More than half our team has been here for 5 years or more — well more than the industry average — which we think is a pretty good success metric. In addition to our collaborative culture, we offer employees competitive compensation and benefits.