Breaking -Trending News, Associate Editor
- USA Only
- 0 applicants
Title: Breaking/Trending News, Associate Editor (Sports Illustrated)
Location: United States
First Look: Breaking/Trending News Associate Editor (Sports Illustrated)
SI is seeking a talented editor focused on breaking, trending and viral sports content who will feed passionate fans with the latest news and insights. This editor will assist with the production of quick-turn, shareable news covering trending and viral sports topics. We’re looking for an ambitious candidate with sound journalistic instincts who has an eye for a great story, a feel for what makes a clicky angle and an intuitive sense for how to evolve a story through a news cycle.
The ideal candidate will have strong copy skills, experience working with and providing feedback to writers, and will be a strong writer themselves, with the ability to turn around a story quickly and cleanly as needed. The ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment is essential.
The position (Tier 1, Editor 1) is part of the collective bargaining unit represented by the New York NewsGuild. The anticipated annual salary for this position is $64,640.
Please note: due to the volume of applications we receive, only applicants selected for consideration will be contacted.
What You’ll DO
- Generate story ideas by closely monitoring breaking news and trending topics via social media and analytic tools
- Identify fresh angles that attract audiences
- Edit writers’ copy for substance, style and grammar
- As needed, write quick posts
- Understand digital audiences, how traffic moves across search and social, and how to capture those audiences
What You’ll BRING
- One year experience in digital journalism at a recognized news organization
- A high motivation to produce quality story volume written with passion and creativity
- Understanding of the online media landscape
- Strong editorial and communication skills
- Comfortable with a fast-paced virtual newsroom
- BA/BS degree in journalism, English or related field
Benefits At A Glance
- Medical, Dental and, Vision Coverage
- Retirement Savings Plan (401K) with a percentage match
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Commuter Benefits
- Reimbursement for business cell phone use per company policy
- Employee Stock Option Plan (Publicly Traded Company – AREN)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 12 Paid Holidays, including Juneteenth and New Year’s Eve
The Arena Group (NYSE American: AREN) is an innovative technology platform and media company with a proven cutting-edge playbook that transforms media brands. Our unified technology platform empowers creators and publishers with tools to publish and monetize their content, while also leveraging quality journalism of anchor brands like Sports Illustrated, TheStreet, Parade,Men’s Journal , and HubPages to build their businessesThe company aggregates content across a diverse portfolio of over 265 brands, reaching over 100 million users monthly. Visit us at thearenagroup.net and discover how we are revolutionizing the world of digital media.
The Arena Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment.We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of age,race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.