We exist to empower researchers to make a better world. We host a community of 20 million researchers from across the world who use ResearchGate to connect, collaborate, and share their work.
The Brand Design team is responsible for introducing ResearchGate to the world through compelling storytelling and beautiful visual design. We're a part of the communications team, where we split our time between self-initiated design projects and partnerships with other teams within the company.
Whether through our website, presentations, blog posts, social campaigns, or marketing materials, we ensure that every piece of collateral we produce shows ResearchGate in its best light.
ResearchGate is looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic graphic designer who will focus on brand identity and visual design. You'll join the small, scrappy Brand Design team and help tell the story of ResearchGate through beautifully designed collateral. Roughly 25% of your time will be devoted to the creative exploration of improving our brand's visual identity and 75% of the time will be focused on design execution.
• Build the ResearchGate brand system through style guides, templates, iconography, typography, and visual imagery.
• Execute the on-time delivery of high quality design collateral, including web pages, marketing materials, presentations, social campaigns, blog posts, and more.
• Collaborate with Marketing to produce high-impact landing pages, case studies, and reports that help grow our business and set us apart from the competition.
• Collaborate with Product Design to elevate the visual design of the ResearchGate platform and unify the design systems of the product and brand into a single visual language.
• Create internal design processes that ensure that we can meet the design needs of the entire company at speed and scale.
• Maintain design consistency while looking for ways to elevate ResearchGate's brand, keeping it fresh and innovative.
• Enthusiasm for design! Your heart beats faster when you see a clever logo, a gorgeous display font, an experimental poster for this weekend's DJ lineup, an eco-chic bag of artisanal coffee or a shelf of tastefully arranged vinyl record covers.
• Good taste and a keen, critical eye! You can find the one good option in a mountain of bad stock photos. You have a 6th sense for when body copy is too big and when photo captions are too small. You halt the presses if you see misaligned text and beam with pride when shipping pixel-perfect designs.
• A point of view! You don't aspire to play it safe and mimic every other startup's 3-column grid of free icons—you want to make designs with personality. You're capable of using the templates to turn around a quick project, but your passion is in creating thoughtful, intentional, unique, eye- catching designs.
• An online portfolio showcasing your design work.
• Fluency with the tools of the trade. We primarily design in Figma, Webflow and the Adobe Creative Suite, but you're the kind of person that can find your way around whatever tool is currently in vogue.
• Strong English communication skills.
You'll be working in a dynamic company culture with the chance to individually shape your professional development and growth. Enjoy an energetic and international team who are passionate about changing science for the better.
Our headquarters are located at the heart of Berlin, one of the most exciting cities in the world. We are a digital-first organisation and support mobile and flexible working.