- USA Only
- 4 applicants (10%)
Creativity is what drives us. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. At Club Kuma, we help create unforgettable products, brands, and experiences that drive business results. Based in Santa Monica, we partner with clients both domestically and internationally in a wide range of industries including art, consumer goods, automotive, beauty, and selfcare. Our partnerships involve strategy, creative services, development, and full-service solutions.
What we are looking for
We are seeking a detail-oriented, well-versed Brand Designer. At Club Kuma, the Brand Designer is a thoughtful, creative, and masterful storyteller by crafting comprehensive visual brands and identities. As our Brand designer, you'll work within the creative studio and closely with the strategy team to solve both our internal and client's unique challenges and be responsible for creating of branding assets such as brand identity and style guides, type systems, iconography, patterns, packaging, and more. You'll also assist in finalizing those assets based on creative direction.
How to apply: send resume and link to portfolio to [email protected] or apply via Linkedin Must be able to work on-site in Los Angeles.
- Consult with leadership, as well as other team members, to achieve client and studio objectives.
- Work as a Club Kuma team member to comprehensively execute brand deliverables such as identity, logomarks/logotypes, iconography, color palettes, patterns, packaging, and social templates.
- Create beautiful design systems that make a positive impact.
- Can envision and execute a brand visual system in a holistic way.
- Understands timelines and can meet established schedules, timeframes and deliverables set to be delivered to clients.
- Maintain the highest standards for all deliverables produced by Club Kuma.
- Build robust visual libraries within Adobe Creative Suite for Club Kuma and its clients.
- Work on branding projects, from brainstorming and initial concepts through final production.
- Creation of comprehensive brand identity style guides and presentations.
- Meet deadlines and take initiative with project management.
- Holds meetings with relevant stakeholders (finance, management, marketing, design, etc.) for appropriate deliverables.
- Be culturally connected by understanding new waves and trends.
- Actively contribute to the development of the studio culture and standards of quality
- Always create an environment that is collaborative, dependable, insightful, innovative, memorable, passionate, agile, driven, diverse, analytical, and deliberate.
- Once settled into the position, encouraged to bring new processes and improvement ideas to the table
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education & Training
Degree: Prefer a bachelor's degree or higher in Graphic Design or similar field.
Experience & Qualifications
- 5-10 years of work experience in design, agency, or a related field
- Must be able to show a portfolio of work that reflects creative thinking with a broad range of examples.
- Experience with creating comprehensive brand deliverables such as identity, style guides, iconography, etc.
- Proficient/Expert in Adobe Suite
- Collaborative and ego-free personality, with enthusiasm for working with and receiving feedback from our team of designers, marketers, and brand managers.
- Ability to receive direction as well as take initiative.
- Succinct ability to articulate and explain design decisions to teammates and clients.
- Experience with visual design mockups.
- Have an in-depth technical knowledge of product development as it relates to graphic design (such as printing, web and mobile app development, etc)
- Excellent at creating and maintaining cross-functional working relationships.
- Exceptional visual and oral communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to manage multiple parallel-path projects.
- Demonstrated an ability to deliver successful designs under tight timing constraints and provide examples of such scenarios throughout career.
- Bonus tool-kit: Experience in animation, coding and/or interaction design is a bonus.
- Medical and Dental
- Paid holidays and PTO
Club Kuma is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or if you're parenting the next generation of change-makers, we believe that we produce our best work when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.