- USA Only
- 39 applicants (28%)
At Airhouse we help high-growth ecommerce companies simplify one of the most complex functions in their business: operations. Airhouse automates dozens of workflows and integrations to help companies get their products from factory to front door. From inventory and order management to warehouse partner sourcing and vetting, order fulfillment, returns and beyond, Airhouse makes it so that teams don't need to build a massive in-house operations team or any custom tech to manage fulfillment. Airhouse was founded in 2018, launched publicly in 2020, and currently serves 100+ high-growth businesses that manufacture everything from apparel to furniture to food and beverages.
Airhouse’s core industry, logistics, is not historically design-forward. But, our customers are often themselves very creative brand-builders. At Airhouse, brand is a strategic imperative: we aim to make a memorable splash in the industry and in the minds of our customers. In this role as Brand Designer, you will grow Airhouse’s core style in new and experimental directions and own Airhouse’s overall look and feel.
The right candidate for this role will be a creative but grounded designer who is skilled at balancing the competing demands of projects where design is involved, e.g. designing for conversion and designing within technical constraints.
This is a full-time remote role that reports directly to our Co-Founder. Eligible candidates must be based in the United States. You will join as a senior individual contributor, with budget to extend your impact via outsourced agencies and consultants.
- Own our visual brand and its evolution in tandem with our Co-Founder and act as its guardian across the organization and the internet; ensure we create a single, cohesive experience of Airhouse, in particular for customers, but also for current and prospective employees, partners and others
- Develop visual concepts and materials for lead generation campaigns (ads, landing pages, social media graphics, etc.) with a cohesive look and feel, working with the team to quickly develop and test different iterations
- Wireframe and design responsive webpages in Webflow for our marketing website, airhouse.io, with a mobile-first approach (bonus if you can implement pages in Webflow)
- Design templates and graphics for sales proposals, marketing guides, ebooks, blog posts, documentation, presentations and other materials
- Create illustrations and diagrams for documentation to explain complex features, benefits and workflows for Sales, Marketing and Customer Success use
- Work closely with our Product Designer to ensure a single look and feel extends across all Airhouse properties and collaborate on maintaining a single, dynamic shared design system in Figma
- Manage design-related contractors and agencies alongside functional project leads, art direct and QA external design work to ensure it matches our brand and is functional, ensure production timelines are met, and secure resources where there are gaps
- Proactively help monitor written style when designing different materials and loop in relevant team members for content writing/voice and tone support
Skills and Experience
- 3-5+ years working in brand, communications or visual design
- Some non-agency/in house experience preferred
- Strong art direction experience; you should feel comfortable taking our existing style guide, creating assets consistent with it, and then extending it, especially as it relates to graphics and illustration
- Strong grasp of grid systems, typography, and underlying design layout/composition principles
- Power user of Figma and Adobe CC: you not only know how to use these tools, but also believe in creating scalable design systems and asset libraries so that you can design efficiently and quickly onboard other designers onto projects
- Strong experience with design principles for web, including mobile-first responsive design
- Prior experience working with engineers to give feedback on implementation to match mockups, or strong HTML/CSS skills and the ability to work in Webflow
- Bonus if you have experience with any of the following: motion graphics, 2D illustration, 3D illustration, photography, video
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and equity based on experience
- A remote-first work environment with a headquarters in downtown San Francisco
- Comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, ancillary)
- Flexible time off policy that encourages you to take time off when you need it
- Optional all-team meetups
- A remote work stipend to create a productive work environment wherever you may be
- Paid parental leave and short-term and long-term disability insurance
For consideration, please submit a portfolio demonstrating your ability to design across multiple standard business formats, with art direction examples.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Airhouse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity of all kinds and believe it contributes to our success as we build a world-class company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, neurotype, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, family care or medical leave status, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal or state law.