Associate Video Editor
- USA Only
Associate Video Editor
Reports to: Senior Video Producer
The Trevor Project is the world’s largest suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization for LGBTQ young people. We are a non-profit that provides 24/7 life-saving support via phone, text, and chat. We also operate the world’s largest safe space social networking site for LGBTQ youth and run innovative research, education, and advocacy programs. We’ve been saving lives every day for over 20 years.
Overview of the role
The Associate Video Editor will oversee the editing of video content for web distribution, broadcast, live events, and internal use at The Trevor Project reaching millions of people each year. With more than 2 million followers on our combined social media channels alone, The Trevor Project is looking for an Associate Video Editor to ensure we continue to produce high value content with the goal of protecting and affirming LGBTQ young people. These videos have a broad range of target audiences including LGBTQ young people, allies, youth-serving professionals, donors, internal/external trainees, corporate partners, and Trevor staff. This role will work closely with the Senior Video Producer and Growth Team in each stage of content creation from concept to delivery and contribute to developing new processes and workflows related to video production.
Who you are
- Innovative builder. You’re excited about the opportunity to take the status quo as just a starting point, then implement best practices and continually innovate to ensure Trevor is always producing relevant, high production value content reflective of our brand.
- Detail-oriented. You have an eye for detail and care about every frame.
- Experienced. You should have extensive experience in Adobe Premiere and After Effects. Experience using cameras and some understanding of DaVinci Resolve doesn’t hurt either.
- Organized and efficient. You know how to manage multiple projects and prioritize appropriately. You create clear and logical systems and processes to support your work.
- Collaborative. You understand that the best way to meet and exceed goals is through outstanding teamwork.
- Perpetual Learner. You are energized by learning new techniques and can quickly adapt to market trends and contribute fresh concepts.
- Flexible. You are comfortable navigating ambiguity and working through competing priorities.
- Passionate. You care about LGBTQ youth. You care about saving lives. You want to come to work and feel inspired every day. You want to change the world.
- Fun. The work we do is very serious, but that doesn’t mean we don’t have fun. We know how to have a good time and you should too.
What you’ll do
- Edit new and re-versioned video content in the Adobe editing suite for web, event, and broadcast delivery. This includes color, sound mixing, captioning, basic motion graphics, and encoding
- Participate in content development during pre-production and original concept ideation
- Manage existing and new video assets alongside the Senior Video Producer including file uploads, project compiling, backups, project folder cleanup, and file tagging on Trevor’s online asset library
- Develop new workflow processes that improve efficiency, collaboration, and help scale future content production
- Generous vacation and holidays (like a full day off to celebrate Harvey Milk Day!), including three half-day Fridays during the summer
- Comprehensive health insurance (we pay 100% of your premiums for medical, dental, and life), including gender affirmation surgery
- Flexibility to work from anywhere in the U.S. (we provide the technology, a monthly internet stipend and reimbursement to outfit your work-from-home space!)
- Fun virtual office environment and passionate team
- Online Subscription to Headspace, a digital meditation platform
- Meaningful work at an organization that is saving the lives of LGBTQ young people across America every day
- The Trevor Project is an equal opportunity employer