Associate Motion Designer
Our lively digital advertising agency is looking for a talented motion designer to join our creative team! This person will help create short- to mid-length videos as part of our post-production workflow, as well as design other creative for digital and traditional advertising campaigns for our progressive political and responsible corporate clients.
- Have a great attitude, a willingness to learn, and to work hard
- Collaborate with the creative and strategy teams to brainstorm, conceptualize, and assist in the execution of impactful, client-ready advertising creative, often on tight deadlines
- Support the video team by creating storyboards, selects, and rough cuts for high-profile projects
- Take charge of the day-to-day sourcing, organization/logging, and media management of new footage and content
- Design motion graphics including titles, kinetic typography, and animated display ads
- Translate scripts/storyboards/creative direction into engaging, effective motion
- Demonstrated familiarity with current motion design principles, trends, and best practices
- Ability to provide and receive feedback in a positive and constructive manner
- Strong organizational and time management skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (especially After Effects, Premiere Pro, Illustrator, and Photoshop, Audition)
- Familiarity with post-production video workflow
- Experience working with both raw footage and stock
- Strong sense of timing, typography, and color
- Experience working independently and/or with a team on multiple competing tasks and demands in a fast-paced environment
Please note: Inexperience with any of the above will not rule out otherwise qualified applicants with exceptional design ability, as we are happy to train you on the specific software and deliverables we work with regularly.
C+K offers a full benefits package that includes: medical insurance (Gold- level reference plan is 100% paid by employer), options for dental and vision insurance, 401(k) with company contribution, short-term disability, flexible spending accounts, transportation benefits, paid time off, and paid holidays. C+K is an equal opportunity employer.
This position is remote within the continental United States, or in-office (including flex schedules between office/home) in Washington, DC (a small number of location exclusions apply). At this time, we are not able to sponsor visas, and require non-temporary authorization to work in the US.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and skills, but our compensation assumption for this position is a base salary of $60k-64k, with significant bonuses based on company and individual performance (averaging 1-3 months' salary).
How to Apply:
Please send your résumé, cover letter, and a link to a portfolio/reel that includes 5-15 samples of your best work to email@example.com — any additional non-video creative you would like to show us is also welcome.