Associate Graphic Designer
- USA Only
- 86 applicants (49%)
Associate Graphic Designer (work from home)
Location: United States
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world’s largest humanitarian network?
*As a condition of employment with American Red Cross, you are required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated for COVID 19 or qualify for an exemption, except in states where it is prohibited by law. Accordingly, employment is conditioned on providing proof of vaccination or having an approved exemption prior to starting employment *
The American Red Cross is adding a new position! We are seeking an Associate Graphic Designer to design and produce marketing and communications materials for external and internal audiences, generating support for the American Red Cross mission through fundraising, Training Services, Service to the Armed Forces, volunteerism and blood donations. This role will translate facts and features into compelling graphics for print and online use. You will work closely and collaboratively with project managers and internal client teams to understand audience and goals and produce fresh and inspiring creative that is consistent with the brand.
The work location for this exciting opportunity is virtual. The selected candidate will work 100% remotely from home and can be located anywhere in the United States.
What you will be doing:
Using Adobe Creative Cloud and the Red Cross visual identity, design and produce a variety of creative collateral, including but not limited to: event materials, development collateral, advertising, reports, posters, exhibits, vehicle branding, facility signage, as well as online work such as web banners, social media graphics and email. These materials will support Red Cross programs and special campaigns intended to motivate the public to donate money, time (volunteer) or blood.
- Work closely with staff to develop creative concepts for programs or campaigns.
- Provide creative guidance and strategic insight from a designer’s perspective.
- Work with production manager to provide print specifications and review proofs.
- Learn and use Aprimo workflow management tool to track all open tasks.
- Prepare files for printing/output/production.
- Reports to Director, Brand Marketing.
What we need from you:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in graphic design in a marketing and/or non-profit environment.
- Include a portfolio with previous design samples with your application
- Expertise with elements of Adobe Creative Cloud—InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat—as well as PowerPoint
- Experience with HTML or After Effects is a plus
- Excellent creative and communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to manage time and workload independently
- Ability to work effectively with teams across the organization
- Works well under pressure and can deal with multiple changing priorities
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Demonstrates strong commitment and passion for the mission of the American Red Cross
* Combination of candidate’s education and general experience satisfies requirements so long as the total years equate to description’s minimum education and general experience years combined (Management experience cannot be substituted).
The salary range for this position is $50,000 – 53,000. Note that the American Red Cross sets salary ranges aligned to a specific geographic location in which the work is performed. The stated salary range in this posting is an average. The specific salary information will be shared at the time of phone screening based upon your location and qualifications.
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must have the ability to work at a desk and have the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information. May include sitting for long periods of time, driving a vehicle and working under challenging conditions. Because the Red Cross is a disaster response organization, staff may be asked to be on 24-hour call during period of major disaster.
What’s In It For You?
We take care of you, while you take care of others. As a mission-based organization, we believe our team needs great support to do great work. Our comprehensive benefits help you in balancing home and work. With our resources and perks, you have amazing possibilities at the American Red Cross to advance the learn.
- Medical, Dental Vision plans
- Health Spending Accounts & Flexible Spending Accounts
- PTO + Holidays
- 401K with 4% match
- Paid Family Leave
- Employee Assistance
- Disability and Insurance: Short + Long Term
- Service Awards and recognition