- USA Only
Title: (Temporary) Associate Editor
- Location: United States
- Remote (US) | Full Time and Temporary
Bleacher Report is a leading digital media source for sports content and conversation.
About the role:
This is a temporary, full-time position, through late July. We are looking for a creative, organized sports journalist with experience planning, assigning, editing or writing sports text content. Special interest in the Olympics is valuable, but knowledge of and enthusiasm for all sports is mandatory.
The Associate Editor will work with Bleacher Report’s full Editorial team, as well as its Programming and Quality Control departments, to plan, assign, track and distribute text content.
The Associate Editor will assign topics to writers, develop story ideas and review published content. This is not a writing position.
This position can be worked from a Remote location.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Following sports news, events and personalities.
- Developing story ideas.
- Communicating with writers, other editors and programmers.
- Monitoring the progress and distribution of text articles.
- Working five eight-hour shifts per week, including some nights and weekends.
- Meeting with other text-content stakeholders at Bleacher Report.
- 2+ years experience planning, producing and/or distributing sports text content in digital media.
- Strong communication skills across messaging systems, email, docs and in meetings.
- Detail-oriented, responsive, proactive.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.