We are a full-service communications, public relations, and Democratic political consulting firm that is proudly different in our commitment to empowering emerging communities, championing progressive candidates and organizations, and supporting organized labor. From our electoral work to issue advocacy campaigns, our values guide all that we do.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Art Director is a full-time position based either out of our Brooklyn, NY headquarters or remote reporting directly to the firm’s partners. As a senior member of our team, the Art Director will oversee the development of branding for our clients’ organizations and electoral and issue campaigns, as well as design and production of direct mail, digital ads, websites, and collateral campaign materials. They will work closely with the partners and staff on all content creation for the firm and will be the direct manager for junior-level designer. We’re looking for someone who is creative, can think conceptually, takes initiative, and thrives when working under tight deadlines. Due to the nature of electoral and issue campaigns the hours can be long and irregular, with significant evening and weekend work during the busier times of the year.
- Provide art direction, concepting, brand development, and design for the firm and our clients
- Design and develop graphics for candidate/campaign branding, such as logos, posters, lawn signs, and social media graphics.
- Create direct mail, digital ads, websites, and any other creative content for RHS and our clients.
- Format and design proposal documents, presentations, and promotional materials.
- Manage junior members of the design team.
- Other duties as needed.
- Four to six years of professional design and production experience, as well as a strong portfolio that includes work in multiple media.
- Experience working closely and communicating effectively with both team members and clients.
- The ability to complete high-quality work on tight deadlines.
- Experience designing websites is required, and the ability to code in HTML, CSS, or Java is highly valued but not required.
- Comfortable using Google Apps (Gmail, Google Docs and Drive).
- Proven expertise with Adobe CS including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator and After Effects.
- Photography and illustration skills are valued, but not required.
- A sense of humor, the ability to work well under pressure, a personal interest and commitment to progressive issues and candidates, and a desire to make the world a better place.
This position is salaried, with a salary range from $80,000-$125,000. Additionally, Red Horse provides a competitive benefits package including medical coverage, matching contributions into a 401(k) retirement plan (upon meeting eligibility), and a flexible and generous vacation policy.
We are committed to diversity, not just in the candidates and causes we work for, but in the company we aim to be. All candidates should have the cultural competence to successfully work with diverse groups of clients and co-workers alike. We especially encourage applications of designers from communities of color, the LGBTQ+ or non-binary community, or disabled communities.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your resume, cover letter, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and Art Director in the subject line.