Do you rewrite or concept every ad you see in your head? Is a missing Creative Brief an opportunity? Wanted everyone to see your work in 130,000+ locations or millions of homes? Love developing new product brands? Work with famous national brands? You just may be a fit for our award winning creative team.
Netspend is currently seeking an Art Director to join our internal creative team. This role will be responsible for evolving, and developing not only the Netspend brand across multiple channels, but national brand partners as well. This will include: standout design and typography skills, campaign development, point of sale, packaging, product launches, video, and print/digital production.
Communication skills are integral, and the perfect person for this role will fit into the team by communicating well with product and marketing managers on some days, and software developers on others. The Creative Team champions the brand throughout the company, and a person in this role should be an effective advocate to other departments.
All candidates must have an online portfolio of work that showcases design, thoughtfulness, and attention to detail, so show us what you’ve got! Our creative team is both flex and remote working, but we still like to get together as a team in our new Austin office for great collaboration on projects.
- Art Direction, Conceptual and Visual design for print, packaging, and online environment.
- Develop collateral for partners and Netspend brands.
- Should be able to quickly understand goals and scope of projects and have ability to communicate to internal clients.
- Able to stick to pre-established timeline
- Communicate with the project team throughout all stages of design.
- Adhere to (and help develop) best practices.
- Contribute to the development of various concept-driven projects.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year university (or equivalent) – ideally focused on art direction and/or design.
- Ability to create standout, original concepts for print and web.
- Minimum 5 years as an art director or designer for a creative firm, with some digital experience as well.
- Experience with web and digital
- Experience or exposure to video storyboarding and direction a plus.
- Ability to work with a large variety of clients.
- Ability to communicate and inform the project team members.
- Experience with JIRA, and Google Apps a plus
- Familiar with current web standards, A11Y, and mobile first best practices.
- Solid understanding of client deliverables, and the ability to take responsibility for them.
- Adobe CC expertise
- Figma experience a plus
- Must demonstrate ability to deliver projects to client specifications, within timeline and budget.
- Ability to create exceptional designs under strict deadline.
- List of URLs/online portfolio; please give SPECIFIC details about your level of involvement (concept, art, code, writing, etc.) on each project.
- Deadline-oriented with the ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple projects within tight timeframes.
- As provided in Netspend's Background Check policy, eligible candidates may be subject to drug, criminal history, and credit checks, which will be conducted and used in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws.