Art Director - In a nutshell
As an art director at Citrus, you will be responsible for the overall visual communication for clients, including strategy, execution, production, and the holistic integrity of all visual elements involved in creating advertising and brand assets. You will help communicate our clients’ strategy, tone and style and capture it in all visual assets.
Or to put it another way…
…You love what you do and your portfolio shows it. You look for the good and try to make it better. You design with empathy and live with the same spirit. You can tell jokes, laugh at bad jokes and help workshop jokes.
Responsibilities - What you will do
- Collaborate across disciplines in the development of ad campaigns from concept through execution
- Present designs to clients and explain how and why they work
- Attend shoots to ensure the creative vision remains intact and impactful
- Conceptualize and design ads that solve brand challenges
- Meet with clients to gain understanding and insight into their products and services
- Work to ensure copy/concepts serve the purpose of promoting and selling the client’s product/service/image according to the strategic plan
- Assist in developing creative strategies
- Tell your creative partner when they have something stuck in their teeth and give an appreciative nod when they do the same
Qualifications - What you need
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent or equivalent combination of education & experience
- 2-5 years of experience
- Diverse portfolio of great digital, social and traditional campaigns
- Impressive design skills with proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Ability to think strategically, conceptualize creatively and see the concept through to polished design and build
- Strong communication design sensibilities and an understanding of how composition, information hierarchy, color theory, and typography work together
- Ability to work autonomously with a curious mind and a problem solver’s drive
This job description reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job. It shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements, nor is it intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities and duties necessary to perform the job. Citrus Advertising is an Equal Opportunity Employer.