1st Product Designer
- 13 applicants (37%)
Rally is a brand-new company, building storytelling tools for teams.
Over the past few years, teams have gotten used to working apart. The office is no longer the center of gravity for work. Slideshow presentations and meeting recordings aren’t ideal solutions for teams outside the office – do you feel engaged? Does your audience?
Rally is working on tools to help distributed teams stop relying on in-person, office-first communication strategies – and get better at async.
We believe stories can rally teams – so let’s empower some storytellers.
About the team
We’re a small team, but this isn’t our first rodeo – you’ll join a founding team of the CEO (prev founder, CEO of Robin Powered) and two full-stack engineers (prev Robin, Brightcove). We’re building a diverse team of craftspeople that compound off each other. Rally is a new product — which means we get to pick our lego bricks and build the right way. We’re funded, fired up, and hiring a core team to bring the product to market. That’s where come in.
About the role
You’ll be our first design hire. As Product Designer, you’ll create first impressions, build habit-forming UX, and sweat the UI details. This means you'll:
- Solve interesting problems for a creator tool tailored to async teams
- Deliver clear storytelling around product needs and opportunities
- Incorporate fun & play into experiences for people to love
- Contribute to product strategy and decision-making
- Help with hiring and fostering a design culture within the company
- Establish our Figma design system, contribute to our code design system
Qualities we value:
- You’re a craftsperson, energized by creating something new
- Stellar communication skills
- Curious and enthusiastic
- 0-1 ownership – you’ve got gumption
- Excellent visual, UI and interaction skills — you know how to wow
- You think in systems — great at spotting patterns, connecting dots, simplifying UX
- Comfortable in a greenfield environment to shape, design, and stand up new systems
- Collaborative with the ability to mentor and empower others
- Bonus: experience in B2B SaaS
- Bonus: Game design enthusiasts — we believe the best products “find the fun”
What we offer
- Competitive salary, benefits, and equity
- Regular team offsites
- Work that is challenging, but worth it
- A team you’ll want to work with again
- Work from anywhere, as long as you have 4 hour overlap with Eastern Standard time zone