Technical Program Manager
- USA Only
Title: Technical Program Manager – US Remote
Who We Are:
At Vistaprint, we believe that everything we do has a lasting impact on our customers and on each other. It begins and ends with a passion for helping our customers succeed. To give them our best, we empower our team with the autonomy to make smart decisions and deliver value. We’re a dynamic organization that maintains an exciting, results-oriented culture. As an e-commerce powerhouse, helping small business is our core focus, with an emphasis on crafting customer value through accessible, ground-breaking technology.
Global Customer Value (CARE)
This team works together and is committed and focused on providing exceptional experiences for our global customers. They are creating lasting impressions and building authentic relationships with a wide range of small business owners each day. The Customer CARE team works directly with customers, delivering our suite of design services to create amazing, professional products and digital experiences.
Fueled by technology and innovation, we help small business owners live their dreams. Does the thought of leading, developing and driving dream makers excite you? If the answer is yes, then you’ll fit right in with the Customer Value Delivery Team. We are seeking a Technical Program Manager to help drive the next wave of innovation in the customer experience.
The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects and will have a well-rounded technical background. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. You will anticipate roadblocks, provide escalation management, anticipate, and make conciliations, and balance the business needs versus constraints. An ability to conceptualize complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Great judgment, co-operations, ability to influence, analytical mindset and leadership are keys to success in this role.
What You Will Do:
- Involving all relevant stakeholders, define project scope, business and systems requirements and objectives. Writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch.
- Clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
- Preparing and frequently executing program updates to senior executives.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget, and get formal sign-off that the project is complete
- Problem-solving, strategic to real-time, requiring extensive use of data collection and analysis.
- Creation and implementation of standard operating procedures including predictable process paths for large and/or complex efforts
- Maintain and ensure data accuracy, deliverable completion, and documentation; and continuous improvement through maintenance of templates and supporting documentation.
- Apply working backwards persona methodology, outlining gaps in customer experience/journey, customer dissatisfaction
- 7+ years of technical program management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience in an IT-related field
- Excellent verbal and written English including experience reviewing results with senior management and working in a global team setting
- Proven experience working independently, managing multiple projects simultaneously, building sustainable processes and driving initiatives in a cross-functional environment aligning partners to shared goals.
- Experience leading and influencing roadmap strategy and definition.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical experience, providing sound business insights and recommendations.
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced, and highly-fluid environment
- Proven track record of accountability and ownership
Nice to Have:
- Moderate SQL experience extracting data from large databases
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, excellent attention to detail, and business acuity.
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
Being at Vistaprint means that you don’t see work as just a building, a desk or a manufacturing floor. You see it as a chance to take a step forward in your career journey and your life. We strive to give you everything you need to learn, grow, and succeed. Through innovation, collaboration, and perpetual exposure to what’s next, we’re always pushing boundaries and broadening our horizons. We embrace the chance to operate outside of our comfort zone to discover what we’re capable of. Some might call that a challenge; we just call it another great day at work.
Vistaprint has received numerous recognitions including a perfect score of 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) naming us a Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality. We also earned a place as one of the best remote-first workplaces in the U.S. and on the Boston Best Places to Work list from Built In. In addition, Vistaprint’s CEO, Robert Keane, was recently honored with Comparably’s Best CEOs award, listing him among the top CEOs according to employees. Vistaprint offers numerous support systems including Employee Resource Groups like Pride, Mosaic, and Women in Technology, and special interests communities to foster awareness, respect, and inclusion within the workplace.
In 2020, Vistaprint adopted a Remote-First operating model and culture. We heard from our team members that having the freedom, autonomy and trust in each other to work from home and, the ability to operate when they are most productive, empowers everyone to be their best and most brilliant self. Vistaprint also provides collaboration spaces for team members to work physically together when it’s safe to do so or believe in office working will deliver the best results. Currently we are enabled to hire remote team members in over 20 US States as well as several countries in Europe: Spain, Germany, UK, Czech Republic, the Netherlands and Switzerland.
As an e-commerce powerhouse, Vistaprint creates customer value (and delight) through accessible, cutting-edge technology. We are the marketing partner to millions of small businesses around the world. For more than 20 years, we have helped small businesses look and feel credible through high-quality marketing products and solutions that include signage, logo apparel, promotional products, face masks, flyers, postcards, business cards, websites and digital marketing. With Vistaprint, small businesses are able to create and customize their marketing with easy-to-use digital tools and design-templates, or by receiving expert graphic design support. In 2020, Vistaprint acquired 99designs to expand its design offering via a worldwide community of more than 150,000 talented designers to make it easy for designers and clients to work together to create designs they love. Vistaprint is focused on making great marketing and design accessible to every small business owner, allowing them to create a cohesive brand image for use in-store, online and on-the-go.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Vistaprint, a Cimpress company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, nationality, age, religion, citizenship, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender presentation, legal or preferred name, marital status, pregnancy, family structure, veteran status or any other basis protected by human rights laws or regulations. This list is not exhaustive and, in fact, in many cases, we strive to do more than the law requires.