Technical Delivery Manager
- North America
A strategic leader and seasoned scrum master who provides portfolio, project, and solution design leadership by leveraging a technically focused base of previous experiences. This position is responsible for managing a portfolio of international focused projects including staffing, resource management, financial management and tracking, and coordination with appropriate business customers. This role includes exploration of new business opportunities, consulting, and gap analysis. This role is responsible for direct management of the Technical Delivery Managers that also support the project portfolio.
This individual is responsible for product management of global technologies - both adapting current products in use in the United States and/or creating new technology products that can be leveraged internationally. This includes maintaining product roadmaps, determining features and functionalities, and defining the support structure of the project.
Consideration of international requirements to ensure product robustness and flexible, configurable product use whenever applicable.
STRATEGIC LEADER AND PORTFOLIO MANAGER – 50%
- Directly manages a portfolio of technology assets and software development projects and Product Development
- Drive global business opportunities through consulting, customer gap analysis, and exploration of industry trends.
- Creates, monitors, tracks, and reports on the financial metrics for the portfolio
- Responsible for managing multiple concurrent software development projects
- Collaborates with business customers to identify, define and implement new software solutions that drive customer satisfaction and exceed quality expectations.
- Ensures the technical solution architectures are in alignment with Domino’s Technology standards and direction.
- Provides architectural and “big picture” oversight in development of new solutions and enhancements, based on customer specifications.
- Accountable for the propagation of Domino’s Technology assets, and responsible for ensuring a return on technology investments.
- Works with peers to define, mature and communicate software development processes.
- Identifies, evaluates and manages third party vendors, products, technology or processes for their integration.
- Coordinates and facilitates activities and commitments with other departments and/or functions.
- Works closely with marketing and franchisees to launch projects and ensure their adoption.
- Assists in establishing, enabling, and improving project management and software development methodologies, procedures and policies
- Manages the development of detailed technical standards aligned to Domino’s Technology technical strategy.
- Assists in the annual budgeting process by providing accurate forecast data.
- Able to organize, document and present complex technology information to executive leadership in a concise and understandable manner
- Works with Tech Leadership and Finance to create proposed pricing models for global products
- Creates product overview, spec detailed documents that can be used in proposals, sales, product explanations
- Works with Infrastructure to define hosting requirements, costs, if applicable
- Defines the product as Software as a Service, Licensed Software or other as needed
PROJECT PLANNING AND EXECUTION – 30%
- Leads the development of strategic plans for projects of high business complexity
- Works with architects to design business solutions by applying the right technology. Works with Domino’s Technology Architects to transform requirements into solutions design.
- Works with cross functional resources to develop and gain approval for high level delivery plans of various sized software development projects based on a set of objectives (scope, delivery and technical approaches, risk, assumptions, staffing plans, other cost, and ongoing operational plans and cost).
- Responsible for ensuring all steps in Domino’s Agile based SDLC are executed, acts as the scrum master for their projects / workstreams and coordinates across many cross functional project resources.
- Oversee client/customer/vendor relations to ensure that service expectations are met or exceeded
- Monitors project metrics for significant deviations in quality, cost, or schedule
- Monitors and reports all project risks and issues; leads mitigation and resolution efforts to limit risks; escalates as needed
- Facilitates scrum and status meetings
- Provides thought leadership to deliver creative and efficient technical solutions
- Accountable for the accuracy of estimates produced, and the on-time, quality delivery of initiatives within the portfolio.
ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT – 20%
- Directly manages the Technical Delivery Managers, Business Analysts, and Project Owners responsible for supporting the portfolio
- Develop team members to increase the bench strength and flexibility of the department. Ensure that all team members are appropriately trained and have the resources to perform their jobs effectively and efficiently.
- Coach and mentor individuals on the project teams and provides feedback on performance to their leaders
- Recruit, retain and motivate highly technical personnel.
- Ensures staff is cross trained to ensure bandwidth for future account support and transfer of knowledge.
- Ensure team members’ understanding of and alignment to the group’s overall goals and operating structure.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, business administration, or related field
- 3-5 years experience recruiting, managing, and retaining a software development team
- Exceptional leadership skills with a proven ability to work with senior management
- Demonstrated ability to be productive in a fast-moving environment where coping, tolerance for ambiguity, and common sense is required.
- Possesses strong general business as well as IT acumen, thereby assuring credibility with other leadership team members
- Understands the capabilities of a broad set of key technologies (Java, Web Technologies, Databases, etc.) and can quickly assess the applicability of commercial off the shelf technology.
- Has foundational experience playing a contributing role in full cycle software delivery as a business analyst, developer, or quality expert.
- Understands, can participate in and lead solutions design.
- Strong project management, leadership, and organization skills (Scrum certification desired)
- Must have the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Candidate must be thorough and detail-oriented
- System and/or Business Analysis experience preferred
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills
- 5 - 7 years leading the project delivery of complex enterprise application systems, distributed applications, web applications, and system integration solutions