- USA Only
- Full time
What will you be doing?
We are looking for an Systems Administrator to help build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure. You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security. Qualified systems engineers will have a background in cloud security, identity management (monitoring and protecting), Azure, O365, and AWS.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support for IT Helpdesk customer issues
- Provide surge capacity IT Helpdesk support during busy weeks such as new cohort launches (approximately 5x per year)
- Maintain and enforce compliance with our security policy
- Monitor logs for suspicious activity and take action if necessary
- Periodically audit and maintain users’ role-based access controls across dozens of systems and products
- Set up and maintain computer hardware for employees
- Monitor and maintain network access (WiFi, Firewall, VPNs, Servers)
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
Preferred Experience & Ambition:
- Solid Cloud experience, preferably in AWS and Azure
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365, Sharepoint, and Power Apps
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux based environments.
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g.,Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, Ruby, NGINX)
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box)
- Experience with monitoring systems
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
Why join us?
- Progressive startup culture in a high growth organization, with minimal bureaucracy
- Engage in a fast-paced and challenging environment with opportunity to grow your talents
- Evolve Security Academy cybersecurity training
- Healthcare Benefits
- 401(k) Match
- Parental Leave
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Annual vacation reimbursement
Who is Evolve Security?
Evolve Security is a technology-driven cybersecurity services firm headquartered in Chicago, IL. We are dedicated to improving our client’s security posture by providing Continuous Penetration Testing, training services, and talent solutions.
In addition to our professional cybersecurity service offerings, Evolve Security offers a cybersecurity bootcamp, “Evolve Academy”, currently ranked the #1 cybersecurity bootcamp in the world. The Cybersecurity Bootcamp in Chicago provides immersive training, giving students the concrete and practical skills, needed on the job. Students gain real work experience through live security assessment work that they perform on not-for-profit companies.
We are passionate about directly improving our customers’ security posture, and we proudly train others to help meet the need for qualified cybersecurity talent.