Staff DevOps Engineer
- 4 applicants (14%)
Title: Staff DevOps Engineer (Liquidity)
What You’ll Do
- Build an enterprise grade, distributed trading platform that provides real-time access to crypto markets
- Work on developing the best possible distributed services platform using Kubernetes on top AWS with multiple supporting tools and technologies.
- Liquidity sourcing and aggregation, execution algorithm modeling and implementation
- Prototype new solutions for complex software problems and implement them for production cloud deployments
- Be a technical subject matter expert and share your expertise with a growing team of engineers
- Work with teams across the organization, including product, information security and operations to think beyond the technical implications of your design decisions
What We’re Looking For
- A deep understanding of distributed systems architectures, trade offs and challenges as they relate to scalability and latency in processing large volumes of data in realtime.
- Experience building highly scalable and performant enterprise software
- Excellent working knowledge of Java and its ecosystem (i.e. threading, concurrency … etc).
- A positive attitude and a passion for sharing knowledge – the go-to person on the team for small and large questions
- Ability to encourage engineering best practices in a team and the larger department
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or similar + 7 years of hands on Software Development experience in at least one of the following technologies: Java, event driven architectures (AMQP or similar), gRPC, services meshes, etc, or Master’s in Computer Science or similar + 5 years of hands on Software Development experience in at least one of the following technologies: Java, event driven architectures (AMQP or similar), gRPC, services meshes, etc.
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, S o Paulo, Toronto, Reykjav k, Washington D.C. and Dubai.
WHAT WE OFFER The resources and support to be your best at work and beyond:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination of the two within the 11 countries we are located around the world.
- Weekly all-company meeting – business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team off-sites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Bonus Flexibility Program: Participants in the Corporate Bonus Plan have the option to elect to receive their annual bonus in cash, equity or XRP, or a combination.
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match)
- Commuter benefits
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Flexible vacation policy – work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees. Interns – please discuss benefits with your recruiter.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
Please find our UK/EU Applicant Privacy Notice and our California Applicant Privacy Notice for reference.