Site Reliability Engineer II
- USA Only
Title: Site Reliability Engineer II
- Location: Remote (US)
We’re looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer II to join our Pulsar team. Site Reliability Engineers scale our AWS infrastructure and tooling to deliver innovative traffic management services to our customers. SREs work magic by fusing together operational discipline with a deep understanding of systems, networks, automation, and scaling. They amplify developers by working closely together to ship observable applications. SREs see the future by building a well-instrumented production environment that signals trouble well before any customer is affected. SREs are empowered to make any changes necessary to deliver reliable, resilient services. They will also assist fellow Software Engineers in kubernetes and AWS best practices as well as being able to successfully drive change.
NS1 has transformed the way the internet works by automating the deployment and delivery of the world’s most trafficked internet and enterprise applications. Its application networking stack modernizes DNS, DHCP, and IPAM the familiar and universal foundations of all network and internet services to unlock unprecedented automation, visibility, and control. NS1 has more than 600 enterprise customers worldwide, including LinkedIn, Dropbox, and The Guardian, and is backed by investments from Energy Impact Partners, Dell Technologies Capital, Cisco Investments, and GGV Capital.
Pulsar is an active traffic steering engine that utilizes last-mile performance data from real end users to optimize traffic delivery. Pulsar automates traffic routing to improve the quality of experience of every end user by sending them to the most performant content delivery network or data centre.
Pulsar solves complex problems in Video Streaming, optimizing the quality of experience for all viewers while helping broadcasters and content providers get the most from their infrastructure investment by simplifying multi-CDN orchestration. We’re continuing to innovate in this space to solidify our place as a market leader.
Ideally, you’ll bring:
- Strong AWS experience preferred (other cloud provider experience may be considered)
- Expertise in working with Kubernetes within a managed provider
- Proficient with Docker and able to write as well as debug Docker files
- Experience in containerized applications optimally running in a Docker/Kubernetes environment
- Strong experience with Terraform
- Ability to effectively collaborate with developers to design modern internet infrastructure for operability, including metrics, logging, observability, automation, etc.
- Strong operational knowledge of Linux systems, security, networking, and automation
- Expertise in troubleshooting and performance tuning
Extra kudos for experience with:
- AWS (EKS, DynamoDB, Kinesis, IAM)
- Domain Name System, DNS tools and protocol
- Ansible or other configuration management
- Elasticsearch, Logstash, Telegraf
- Hashicorp tools (terraform, nomad, vault, consul)
- Traffic load balancing, filtering, and DDoS mitigation tools
- Messaging, persistent DB and caching systems
- Linux kernel tuning, user-space networking
- Experience in one or more of Bash, Golang, Python and/or C++
Must have a valid U.S. work authorization to apply
Working at NS1:
We’re a fast-growing, well-funded startup based in the heart of New York City’s Financial District with offices and team members around the world. Working at NS1, you’ll come to understand our team is unique, both in and out of the workplace. We have PhDs, musicians, artists, and athletes working side by side, dedicated to delivering first class products. We’re hardworking, but we’re also a compassionate group. We understand that outside of NS1 is a world that places demands on our time. Our leadership team is dedicated to open and honest communication and we continuously strive to foster a culture of transparency, flexibility, and creativity. We were chosen as one of BuiltinNYC’s Top 50 Startups to watch in 2019 and closed our $40M Series D in July 2020.
For all employees, we offer:
- Competitive compensation, including new hire and recurring stock options
- Flexible hours, time off and work from home options (even prior to COVID-19!)
- Choice of laptop and supplemental allowance for workstation accessories
- In house wellness programming and education
- Access to employee-led affinity and social awareness groups
- Funtivities calendar – employees can participate in culture building workplace activities ranging from happy hours, holiday events and special interest activities
- Quarterly giving campaign to charities and social causes
In addition to the above, we offer US Employees:
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Unlimited vacation time with a mandatory minimum utilized each year
- 401k through Betterment
- Commuter benefits (which we’ll use even more often once we return to the office!)
- An outstanding parental leave policy of up to 18 weeks (12 of which can be consecutive)
NS1 champions diversity – we welcome and employ people regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.