Senior Technical Revenue Analyst
- USA Only
- 0 applicants
Title: Senior Technical Revenue Analyst
Location: Remote, United States
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
About the team/role
As the Senior Technical Revenue Analyst, you will report to the Technical Revenue Manager, and play a key role within the Accounting organization. You will serve as an ASC 606 subject matter expert and ensure Checkr’s revenue reporting remains compliant with guidelines, which includes customer contract review and technical memo writing. Additionally, you will be responsible for various other processes within the Technical Revenue team, such as monthly close activities, systems migration, and the preparation of financial statements.Your ability to thrive in fast-paced, cross-functional settings, demonstrating initiative and resourcefulness is essential. You will combine your accounting experience with knowledge of financial reporting to become a trusted business partner throughout the revenue team and rest of the organization.
What you’ll do
- Lead the revenue recording and reporting processes for Checkr and ensure compliance with revenue recognition standards and policies.
- Conduct necessary analysis to determine and support revenue recognition, draft the corresponding required accounting memos to document conclusions, and maintain technical revenue documentation.
- Contract review and analysis relating to new sales and renewal deals to ensure the Company is recognizing revenue from new & existing contracts in accordance with ASC 606.
- Build and maintain cross-functional partnerships with sales, finance, legal, engineering, business consultants, and other internal or external partners.
- Provide support and guidance to Sales on best practices for deal management and contract structuring.
- Continually improving revenue processes and pushing automation while maintaining compliance with ASC 606 for accurate revenue reporting.
- Scope and manage projects driven by the needs of the business such as financial analysis, revenue analysis, and other ad hoc projects.
- Assistance in yearly financial audits along with other regulatory reporting.
What you bring
- 4+ years of Accounting, Finance or related field experience
- Strong knowledge of ASC 606 Revenue from Contracts with Customers and experience applying its guidelines
- Knowledge and understanding of GAAP Accounting
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with revenue teams and G&A functions
- Experience with Salesforce, Oracle, and Looker is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, VLOOKUP, etc)
- Public accounting experience preferred, Big 4 audit experience is a plus
- CPA or CPA track is strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
What you’ll get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to $25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
One of Checkr’s core values is Transparency. To live by that value, we’ve made the decision to disclose salary ranges inall of our job postings. We use geographic cost of labor as an input to develop ranges for our roles and as such, each location where we hire may have a different range. If this role is remote, we have listed the top to the bottom of the possible range, but we will specify the target range for an exact location when you are selected for a recruiting discussion. For more information on our compensation philosophy, seeour website
The salary range for this role is$91,052 to $189,520.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including theSan Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance