Senior Software Consultant - DevOps
- 0 applicants (0%)
Time zones: EST (UTC -5) CST (UTC -6) MST (UTC -7) PST (UTC -8) AKST (UTC -9) HST (UTC -10) ART (UTC -3) UTC -4 UTC -4:30 UTC -3 UTC -2
About Test Double
Software is broken, and we're working hard to fix it. While the goal may seem audacious, it's what drives us. We're consultants who embed remotely with client teams and take on interesting challenges. We are looking for voracious learners who find ways to deliver value quickly. We use whatever tools and processes our clients use, so we're always learning new technologies and techniques. We're also empathetic collaborators joining teams facing all kinds of challenges, which means we're continually growing our ability to have an impact as consultants.
Test Double provides a supportive environment where consultants can have autonomy and thrive. We were 100% remote before it was fashionable, and offer 10% paid Growth Time every week. Plus, we stay connected as a wider team through weekly hangouts, coffee chats, employee resource groups and more. Many of us give back by contributing to open source, blogging or speaking, or working on our Great Causes initiative. We’re a 100% employee owned company, and consultants’ internal contributions make a real impact! We also empower people to identify problems, build consensus, and develop solutions. Sound amazing? Read on for more on the position and benefits!
What it means to be a DevOps Consultant
We help client teams use DevOps practices to create more observable, sustainable and predictable environments by integrating operations capabilities into development teams.
At Test Double, we believe DevOps is not a formal position or set of skills, but rather a culture of software developers who believe in continuous improvement. DevOps Consultants help build the DevOps team at Test Double by developing a common set of tools and code, and mentoring both clients and other agents on best practices.
Our Senior DevOps Consultants:
- They demonstrate expertise in and provide guidance to the client on delivery, code design, and automated testing in a manner consistent with client's architecture and technological design.
- Are able to identify impactful issues our clients face, rapidly adapt to their existing code base and processes, decompose feature requests into deliverables, and quickly improve the software they inherit.
- Understand the business value Test Double brings our clients as well as work with clients to prioritize that value.
- Increase the confidence our clients have in us by communicating what and when we will deliver for them, and helping them adapt as the project progresses.
- Are proactive about building relationships and collaborating through conflict. They frame challenges through a lens of growth and optimism.
- Provide written and verbal communication that helps their colleagues feel heard and reflect on obstacles or areas to act on.
- Delivering primary DevOps solutions to clients, along with a variety of tools.
- Creating high-quality infrastructure to meet the needs of its users and businesses
- Applying security best practices in deployment pipelines and cloud environments
- Helping clients achieve Service Level Agreements and Service Level Objectives by providing observable infrastructure
- Implementing high-availability and disaster recovery architecture
- Identifying technology, communication, and process issues and proposing improvements
- Sharing best practices for cloud architecture that are fault tolerant, highly available, and cost effective for the client’s business
- Mentoring and teaching fellow agents as part of supporting their colleagues’ growth objectives or resolving issues arising in client delivery
- Actively contributing to at least one area of the company (e.g. qualification, marketing, agent support) for a portion of the year
- Pursuing areas of professional development in the context of current projects
- Demonstrating values in day to day work and interactions
- Proficiency in Infrastructure as Code tools like Terraform
- Proficiency withCI/CD Pipelines like Jenkins, CircleCI, Github Action, GitLabs CI/CD
- Proficiency in Configuration Management tools like Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Ability to work in either a developer or operation role on an engagement
- Containerized deployment strategies like Kubernetes, AWS Elastic Container Service, Docker
- Observability and monitoring tools like CloudWatch, Grafana, DataDog
- Low ego, high emotional intelligence (EQ), and a mindset of continuous improvement
- Experience influencing teams in decomposing work and maintaining a healthy backlog that is valuable to the business
$142,000 – $176,000 USD I $180,000 - $228,000 CAD
Dependent on experience and interview process
- 5 weeks flexible time off (vacation and sick time)
- 10 paid holidays
- Up to 14 weeks parental leave (8 weeks at 100% of salary)
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance (we pay 100% of premiums for agents and their families)
- 10% Growth Time each week
- 1 week of conference attendance ($3,000 annual budget, prorated your first calendar year)
- ESOP Employee stock ownership program - Test Double is 100% employee owned
- New computer hardware purchase every 3 years
- Co-working space reimbursement (1/2 rent up to $500 monthly)
- 2 week Sabbatical leave after 5th year
- 2 company-wide retreat experiences each year
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Retirement contribution match up to 3% of salary
- Life Insurance
- AD&D (Canadian-base Agents Only)