Senior Site Reliability Engineer
- USA Only
- 1 applicant
Title:Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Location: Remote – United States
Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is poised to rapidly innovate and grow like no other time in its history. This is a unique opportunity to leave your mark on one of the most influential and trafficked corners of the internet.
As a Site Reliability Engineer on Reddit’s core SRE team, you’ll use your knowledge to improve the consistency, reliability, and performance of Reddit’s foundational systems. You’ll also use your development experience to contribute to the internal infrastructure that all of Reddit Engineering uses to develop, deploy, and operate their services.
Join us and help build the future of Reddit!
- Advise : Work closely with engineering teams in designing and developing systems that are resilient and highly performant at tremendous scale.
- Amplify : Identify and build capabilities into our foundational Infrastructure and Platform services, which are used by Reddit engineering teams to build, deploy, and operate.
- Automate : Take repetitive, manual, or risky tasks and automate them out of existence. Build tools and integrate systems to support Reddit’s evolution.
- Diagnose : Draw on your knowledge of distributed systems to identify and fix network, system, and service-level issues. Practice sustainable incident response, and drive structural improvement with blameless postmortems.
- Optimize : Observe and improve performance, reduce cost, and improve the experience for millions of users
- 3+ years of experience in Software Engineering, Site Reliability Engineering, or a Development focused DevOps role.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following: Go, Python, C, C++, Java, Perl, Rust
- Experience with Kubernetes and Cloud systems
- Experience with the development and operation of high-traffic backend systems
- A demonstrated ability to debug, fix, and optimize code
- Troubleshooting skills that span applications, networking (TCP/IP), and systems
- Strong working knowledge of Linux
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills
While not required, familiarity with any of these is a big plus!
- Experience working in an environment that applies Infrastructure-as-code principles
- Exposure to a Configuration Management System (Puppet, Chef, Salt, etc)
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-code processes (via Terraform, CloudFormation, etc)
- Docker or Kubernetes in a production setting
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
The base pay range for this position is: $183,500 – $275,300.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at[email protected]