Senior Platform Engineer
- 2 applicants (12%)
Title: Senior Platform Engineer
Location: Anywhere (remote)
WHO ARE WE?
Launch Potato is a digital media company with a portfolio of brands and technologies. As The Discovery and Conversion Company, Launch Potato’s mission is to be the most innovative, tech-enabled media company connecting consumers to the world’s leading brands.
The company is headquartered in vibrant downtown Delray Beach, Florida, with a unique international team across more than a dozen countries. Launch Potato’s success comes from a diverse, energetic culture and high-performing, entrepreneurial team.
Looking to take on a new challenge that will allow you to ideate solutions, have a say in how we enhance our cloud environment, and make a direct impact on company growth? Look no further!
You’ll contribute to the overall design and implementation of Launch Potato’s cloud infrastructure. As an early DevOps team member, you will help shape the DevOps culture at Launch Potato as we fully embrace GitOps. An understanding of security and reliability best practices is essential!
SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Monitor existing infrastructure and recommend improvements based upon security, cost, and best practices
- Define and execute infrastructure migration plans
- Setup and maintain VPC remote access
- Monitor and optimize AWS usage
- Convert manually constructed infrastructure to a well documented IaaS
- Communicate DevOps and security best practices to co-workers
IN THE FIRST 90 DAYS
- New processes and tooling will be identified and implemented
- Effective monitoring and playbooks will be created and implemented for new VPC services
- All engineering team members will be shifted to lower privileged IAM policies and MFA will be required
- Tailscale training will be rolled out to all technical teams
IN THE FIRST 6 MONTHS
- Completion of AWS resource evaluation to better understand spend
- All CircleCI workflows now use AWS OIDC with IaC defined IAM
- All Services assume roles and/or leverage Secrets Manager for credentials
- CircleCI no longer accesses public IPs
IN THE FIRST YEAR
- All services use private IPs in the new VPCs
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Prior experience being the sole DevOps resource or SME for a company
- Strong working knowledge of AWS
- Experience supporting Linux, Docker, and Orchestration technologies
- Experience working with IaC and monitoring tooling; Ansible, Terraform, New Relic, Sentry
- Proficiency with Python, Go, Bash, or similar scripting language
- Willingness to adapt to a fast paced work environment
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate cross functionally
- Setting up tools and required infrastructure
- Monitoring the processes during the entire lifecycle for its adherence and updating or creating new processes for improvement and minimizing the wastage
- Encouraging and building automated processes wherever possible
Want to make your impact in a profitable, high-growth company? Apply now!
From Day One, we’ve been committed to having a diverse, inclusive team and culture. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity company. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.