Senior Engineer, Backend
- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
Title: Senior Engineer, Backend
Location: United States
Want to help everyday Americans build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we believe in the power of simplifying investing, making it easy and affordable for everyday Americans to build wealth and achieve their financial goals.
We’re one of the fastest growing fintechs in the U.S. and have had another record-breaking year. In 2021 we almost doubled our headcount and valuation. Our personal finance app makes investing easy and affordable; this year 6 million customers set aside more than $3 billion with Stash.
Prioritizing People is one of our core values and has been key to a healthy work-life balance and a great sense of fulfillment and inclusion. We employ a true people first – hybrid model. Live and work where you feel the most productive, whether that is in your home, in an office, or a combination of both. Anywhere in the US or UK.
Let’s solve complex problems and tackle wealth inequality.
Our team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a passion for building reliable, scalable, and performant software to power the Stash experience. We’ve had tremendous growth in the past two years and have an exciting product roadmap ahead of us.
If you’re interested in solving complex problems associated with scaling a popular consumer facing application and working in an open, diverse, and inclusive environment, Stash might be the fit for you!
What you’ll do:
- Design, and implement backend services, including the core API that powers our mobile apps, and our backend data processing and trading systems
- Partner with the product team to come up with new features and products
- Own the end to end delivery of software components from inception to production
- Work in a cross-functional agile team to deliver working software incrementally
- Instrument, test, profile, and code review software
- Continuously deploy to our cloud-based infrastructure
- Scale software infrastructure for a quickly-growing user base
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of professional experience building consumer-facing software
- An experienced engineer who can turn ideas into reliable code that others find easy to understand and modify
- Experience building backend APIs (gRPC a plus!)
- Creative problem solver with a passion for testing, debugging, and overall code quality
- Data-driven decision maker, willing to take risks, fail fast, and iterate quickly
- A keen understanding of testing best practices (TDD is a plus!)
- Experience building applications at scale
- Experience with microservice-based systems
- Experience with event-based architectures
- Familiarity with or interest in Ruby, Go, NATS, Postgres, Redis, AWS S3, Docker, Kubernetes
Invest in Yourself:
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development Fund
- Work from Home Stipends
- Parental Leave [Primary & Secondary]
- Comparably’s Best Company for Diversity, Women, Culture, and more! (2022)
- BuiltIn’s Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product – Stock-Back Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
Salary Range: $135k – $203k
The base salary range represents the reasonably anticipated low and high end of the salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as the candidate’s qualifications, skills, experience and competencies, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data for companies of our size and industry.