Senior DevOps Engineer
- North America
Join a fast-paced team dedicated to building and managing enterprise-class cloud-based services with the mission to prevent the leading cause of breaches in privileged access abuse. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter that will push beyond their comfort zone, learn new things quickly, drive and/or contribute to the formulation of technical strategy and direction with an understanding of how to implement and manage scalable cloud-based software through automation.
This position can be remote or located at one of the offices and will report into the Senior Manager Cloud Operations.
- Work within and across teams to design and build the next version of our platform from the ground up on AWS while taking into consideration availability, performance, and scalability of services by implementing monitoring, automation, autoscaling, and disaster recovery capabilities.
- Produce high quality infrastructure, automation, and tooling focused software.
- Find, take ownership, and solve complex problems.
- Improve our management and deployment orchestration tasks, streamline processes, build, and define infrastructure through code.
- Collaborate, effectively share your ideas as well as considering the ideas of others, and generally work well as part of a distributed team. Individuals that prefer to work in silos or in isolation will not do well here.
Skills and Requirements
- 6+ years of relevant DevOps experience.
- Experience in some combination of: Python, Terraform, Packer, Bash, and/or PowerShell.
- Strong experience writing cloud focused code with cloud providers such as AWS. Experience with AWS S3, Lambda, CloudWatch, IAM, EC2, Autoscaling Groups, Route 53, among others. Azure experience a plus.
- Thorough knowledge and working experience of container technologies and orchestrators such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Excellent Linux OS Administration.
- Experience in developing and maintaining deployment pipelines and configuration management all the way through Production using Jenkins (or similar), Salt, Chef, and/or Puppet.
- Demonstrable hands-on knowledge of implementing monitoring technologies such as Nagios, APM (Datadog, Dynatrace, etc.), or ELK stack.
- Excellent Debugging and Troubleshooting skills.
- Strong sense of ownership, customer obsession, and integrity demonstrated through clear communication.
- Understanding of service scalability in relation to performance, reliability, and cost.
- Knowledge of and active participation in an Agile or SCRUM process.
- Exposure to Security and Privacy best practices in addition to certifications like FedRamp, SOC2, GDPR.
- System performance tuning experience.
- Experience working with both Microsoft Windows and Linux Server technologies.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Networking, or relevant focus or equivalent experience.