Senior DevOps Engineer
- North America
We’re looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to help us shape the future of bill pay and payments! We are a driven, creative, and energetic team that works in a flexible and agile fashion to deliver world-class products to the financial market that are used by millions of end users every day.
iPay’s Technical Release Management organization is responsible for the platform delivery and CI/CD pipelines of our critical product lines. They automate applications, API’s, and services. The team drives, designs, and implements our DevOps methodology and infrastructure automation.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting a hosted platform as well as build, deploy, monitor and scale resources to deliver the iPay platform. You will be empowered to identify and drive opportunities to improve automation for deployment, management, and tooling. You’ll stay up to date on the latest development and deployment technologies and bring the latest tools and techniques to achieve optimal results and SLA’s.
Our Infrastructure, Release, and DevOps Engineers assist and guide development teams to build new services for deployment in a secure and scalable fashion. Emphasizing DevOps and observability, you’ll enable and guide our teams to deploy and monitor their own services.
This position can be worked remotely anywhere within the US, but will be expected to work Eastern Standard Business Hours.
- Minimum 6 years of software development, systems engineering or infrastructure operations experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience deploying and monitoring applications.
- Must have experience with or knowledge of TFS and/or Azure DevOps.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Familiar with Agile/Scrum Development frameworks.
- Solid technical knowledge in automation, configuration management and software development frameworks and methodologies.
- Experience with deployments of cloud-based technologies such as Azure, AWS, etc.
- Understanding of all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Demonstratable scripting experience, such as PowerShell.
- Knowledge of network and application security, network administration, and network storage integration.
- Deploy code and configuration changes in automated and manual fashion through SDLC.
- Monitors, records, and controls change in order to maintain product integrity, as it relates to source code control and configurations.
- Troubleshoot system and deployment issues when needed.
- Construct, improve, maintain, and execute the automated CI/CD deployment pipelines.
- Build-out and maintain multiple platform environments through SDLC.
- You will combine engineering and software development experience and skills to drive best practices, patterns and architectures to maximize the availability, reliability and stability of platforms, processing and delivery of systems.
- Actively participate in creating and adhering to team design and development standards.
- Oversight and management of multiple environments to support software development life cycle and customers.
- Collaborate with architects and software engineers to propose strategies, ideas and technologies.
- Take part in an on-call rotation where you will aid engineering teams in responding to production issues quickly.
- Implement and utilize early warning and alerting technologies to aid in the development of self-healing responses to problems.
- Participate in retrospectives focused on identifying contributing causes. Providing actionable solutions to prevent the issue from recurring and increase service reliability.
- Automate solutions for complex & repetitive problems.
- Create and maintain required technical documentation and architectural decision records. Contribution to departmental standards and processes.