Senior DevOps Engineer
ABOUT HAPPY MONEY
Happy Money® is building a happier and more equitable financial ecosystem that seamlessly blends psychology, technology, and a focus on happiness to help consumers go from borrower to saver, investor, and giver. The company provides a path toward improving financial well-being and securing greater happiness – beginning with paying off credit card debt – through its science-enabled, purpose-driven marketplace between mission-aligned capital and consumers.
Backed by leading investors including Anthemis Group, Tencent Holdings and CMFG Ventures, Happy Money has helped nearly 150,000 members pay off more than $2.7 billion in credit card debt since inception through its award-winning Payoff Loan™. Founded in 2009, Happy Money has a diverse employee base of over 350 people across the United States.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Work on different project efforts, anticipating/identifying issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implementing corrective actions. Foster and maintain good relationships with customers and Engineering teams to meet expected customer service levels
- Perform hands-on activities involved in creating cloud infrastructure components, migrating from, or integrating with on-premises services, and developing self-service tooling and metrics to empower delivery teams’ autonomy
- Design, build, and maintain the CI/CD infrastructure
- You have demonstrated experience building right-sized solutions.
- Exhibit extreme ownership mentality.
- Become proficient in understanding how each software component, system design, and configuration is linked together to form an end-to-end solution
- Help align development and QA requirements with the capabilities of the infrastructure
- Anticipate future infrastructure needs and offer solutions
- Participate in the design, implementation, and ongoing management for infrastructure tooling and operations
- Serve in an on-call team and as an escalation contact for service trouble incidents
- Design optimizations to meet the scalability and performance needs of the organization
- Strong experience with CI/CD processes and infrastructure
- Enhance existing monitoring and reliability metrics across our platform
- 10+ years experience of Linux and/or Unix administration, configuration, and in-depth troubleshooting
- 5+ years administering mission-critical and large-scale web application
- 5+ years with “cloud” IaaS provider with at least 3 years of expertise with various AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, IAM, ECS, CloudWatch) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS based cloud solution, with an emphasis on best practice cloud security. Track record of successful implementation experience with AWS or other public cloud platforms using infrastructure-as-code tools like Terraform
- Strong system monitoring capabilities using AWS CloudWatch and DataDog or similar tools such as New Relic etc.
- Relational and non-relational clustered DB experience (PostgreSQL,MySQL,Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Mongo)
- Very strong configuration tooling (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack, etc) and orchestration automation (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc)
- Very strong programming ability in at least one scripting or shell language, such as Python, Ruby, Perl, and/our the Bourne Again shell
- Solid understanding of all aspects of software development life cycle and quality control practices. Strong experience with Agile, Lean, and/or test-driven software development environments
- Experience with daily use of Git
- Disaster recovery planning and implementation
- Solid hands-on experience with networking for a cloud-based Internet application (load balancing, reverse proxies, DNS, CDN’s, firewalls, security applications)
- Possess a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Excellent cross functional collaborative skills working with multiple development teams and ability to build relationships. Highly collaborative with an ability to influence and reach consensus
- Ability to influence development teams in adopting cloud technologies, processes, and best practices
- Ability to define and solve logical problems for highly technical applications.
- Have a great attitude and be ready to hustle
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Experienced with Information Security compliance, including SOC-2 or PCI compliance preparation
- Experience with financial systems or loan origination systems
Here at Happy Money, we live by our core values of Love, Trust, and Hustle and welcome all. Love is shown in how we develop meaningful relationships with everyone we interact with; whether it’s a member or your manager. Trust is shown through how we empower each other to come to work as our true selves and embrace our differences. Hustle is shown through how we fail fast and learn from our mistakes. No one is perfect, we’re all human; if this job description doesn’t exactly match your background, we encourage you to apply anyway!