Senior DevOps Engineer
Senior DevOps Engineer
Malta or Remote
Currently based across 2 continents our small but rapidly growing team of talented individuals create innovative software for the future market of iGaming. Ancient strives to go against the traditional route of building slot machine software. We operate with the firm belief that we’re building desirable software for the next big spending generation: younger players who are seeking iGaming entertainment to enjoy themselves and with friends. With that in mind, we’re now looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our team, helping us to maintain not only a fun environment but also a reliable one, while we build and grow Ancient further.
This is a fully remote opportunity to join a rapidly growing multicultural team located in Europe and South America.
What you will do:
- Manage scalable, highly-available, performant systems and ensure their continuous uptime
- Manage, administer and optimise Postgres databases on Cloud SQL for heavy traffic
- Optimising performance on current micro-services and provide continuous support for optimising future features
- Research, evaluate and implement various technologies to improve our platform efficiency, performance and availability.
- Become a member of our engineering culture, learning from other talented people, and sharing your own knowledge.
- Participate in technical discussions as part of the team. You should be ready to challenge our architecture, propose changes, and ultimately implement them.
Who we’re looking for:
- Someone with Postgres 9.6 administration experience
- Someone with experience using Google Cloud Platform
- Someone with problem solving and analytical skills who is able to identify complex technical problems and react quickly to address them
- Experience with Kubernetes, Redis, NodeJS, Apollo GraphQL Server is considered an asset
- A full-time team member that can stay on task in a fully remote environment.
Examples of projects you’ll be working on:
Community social gaming platform targeted towards CSGO players, with unique in-house custom built games such as Roulette, Crash, Unboxing, PVP with the capability to bet and win Skins in real-time
Buy and open Mystery Boxes in real-time featuring the Unboxing game where people can unbox real life products and have them shipped to their house
(currently in development) is an item focused iGaming brand
where users may wager their balance or items from their “Inventory” vs other people’s
items from their Inventory such as Watches, Electronics, Sneakers and more, and may
redeem their contents physically upon withdrawal.
These projects use the same codebase and share libraries of components and modules.