Senior Database Administrator
Jack Henry & Associates is currently seeking a strong candidate to join the current 6-member Technical Operations team as a Database Engineer. In this high-level role, candidates will serve as a team member that works with both external and internal data technologies that are under their direct supervision as well as providing consultation, advice, and assistance to other administrators.
This group designs, develops, and operationally supports Non-Microsoft data technologies including but not limited to, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Kafka, and Elastic technologies. Jack Henry offers a comprehensive benefits package and stresses a work-life balance. This position may be served from any current Jack Henry location including remote. If this is a role you are interested in please apply before April 22, 2021.
This role will be worked Remotely.
- Must have a minimum of 6 years of experience with Elastic and Linux Administration.
- Experience with MongoDB and Postgres.
- Experience with DevOps including Terraform.
- Experience with Open Source relational and nonrelational technologies.
- Experience with Shell or Python.
- Experience with Open SSL (Secure Sockets Layer).
- Maintains several data technology environments; applies updates, maintenance packs, patches, & fixes for all environments.
- Prepares implementation plans for application upgrades and may coordinate rollout.
- Monitor’s server performance and makes changes as needed. May design performance monitoring systems.
- Mentors new staff and provides training or mentorship.
- Works closely with internal and external teams to design and optimize the technology environments.
- Prepares scripts to automate administration tasks.
- Performs advanced database administration activities including; installation, configuration, monitoring, space management, database backup and recovery, and may design disaster recovery procedures.
- Performs installation, configurations, and maintenance for clustered data servers.
- Determines standards for server configuration hosting data technologies.
- Performs reviews and provides input to design and data flow.
- Writes and reviews data processes and makes recommendations for optimization.
- May assist less experienced peers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Jack Henry, we know we are better together. We value, respect, and protect the uniqueness each of us brings. Innovation flourishes by including all voices and makes our business—and our society—stronger. Jack Henry is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, performance management, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, education, training, social, and recreational activities to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, and military and veteran status, or any other protected status protected by local, state or federal law.
No one will be subject to, and Jack Henry prohibits, any form of discipline, reprisal, intimidation, or retaliation for good faith reports or complaints of incidents of discrimination of any kind, pursuing any discrimination claim, or cooperating in related investigations.