Senior Cloud Security Engineer
Location: International, Anywhere; 100% Remote (time zones UTC-1 and UTC+3)
Komoot is an app that lets you find, plan, and share adventures. Driven by a desire to explore, and powered by the outdoor community’s recommendations, it’s Komoot’s mission to inspire great adventures making them accessible to all. And we’re good at what we do: Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times!
Today, with over 23 million users and 100,000 five-star reviews, Komoot is well on its way to becoming the most popular cycling and hiking app for people who love adventures worldwide.
Join our fully remote team and change the way people explore!
About the role
At komoot we strongly believe in the power of automation. Written rules are good, automated security checks are better. As a cloud security engineer at komoot you’ll take care of our AWS and Google cloud organizations. You manage accounts/projects, users, roles and permissions. You build and maintain security scanning tools and prepare for possible attacks. Together with the software development teams you extend our CI/CD pipelines with compliance rules for permissions, backups and encryption.
Ready for your next adventure?
What you will do
- Build automation to continuously assess security risks around our AWS/Google cloud infrastructure and further SaaS tools we integrate with like GitHub
- Triage reports from our bug-bounty program with the development teams and coordinate a responsible disclosure with the reporters
- Organize pen-testing and audits of our software and infrastructure
- Define security requirements (encryption, backups, data retention, …) together with our backend and web teams and automate their enforcement
- Extend our CI/CD process with automatic security scanning for vulnerable dependencies, static code analysis and compliance checks
- Support new projects and features early in the process with your expertise; Create security requirements and test cases where needed
Why you will love it
- You’ll work in a flat hierarchy structure, where ideas are heard and implemented without multiple levels of gatekeeping.
- You have the freedom to organize yourself the way you work best, using the tools you love.
- With 20mio users from our own apps and external integrations we face massive traffic and continuous attempts for finding vulnerabilities
- You join a new team with the opportunity to influence and design new approaches and processes.
- Your effort matters: You will protect the personal data of millions of cyclists, hikers and outdoor enthusiasts all over the world.
- We let you work from wherever you want, be it a beach, the mountains, our headquarters in Potsdam or anywhere that lies between the time zones UTC-1 and UTC+3.
- You’ll travel with our team to amazing outdoor places several times a year (when safe) to exchange ideas, learnings and go for hikes and rides. Check out this video to find out more about our team.
You will be successful in this position if you
- Have 3+ years of experience managing AWS organizations. You know the ins and outs of AWS when it comes to security.
- Have 3+ years of experience security a typical web-stack environment – you’re familiar with typical risks in development and operations, and how to address them
- You are not afraid of using wireshark to debug an issue
- Are highly self-driven, responsible and keen to learn and improve
- Have solid programming skills for automation in python and bash
- Java development and oauth2 experience is a plus
Sound like you?
- We would love to hear from you! Please send us the following:
- Your CV in English highlighting your most relevant experience
- A write-up explaining who you are and why you are interested in working at komoot
- Feel free to send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your account on GitHub, Twitter, Instagram, Medium or your blog.
Curious to find out more about our recruitment process?
- Find out more info here: https://www.komoot.com/jobs-process
- At komoot we want to make great adventures accessible to everyone. We support diversity and inclusivity within the outdoors and welcome all prospective applicants.
- We have a rolling recruitment process. If this role is online it means it’s still open. We’re accepting applications and actively looking for the perfect candidate. Is it you?
- Dedicated time and budget to spend on classes, events, conferences, boot camps, or books for your curiosity and personal development, you decide!
- Blinkist subscription and discounts with outdoor brands like Patagonia and Wahoo
- Flexible working hours and locations
- 3 all-expenses paid Company gatherings per year
- The latest devices and equipment
- And more!